Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Currently reading:
Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Interesting , high dose vitamin D prescribed and given under medical supervision in hospital.
it could become another useful treatment against covid if the research bears it out.

VitD takes about a fortnight to build to useful levels, Dr John Campbell did a vid recently about this. So is of best use before we catch the virus, or at least before it gets us bad enough to be hospitalised. Once in hospital, vitD may take too long to catch up.

Just revisited Dr John's report.
VitD has to be converted to calcifediol, which takes a little time.
The Spanish report shows that an injection of calcifediol is effective very quickly, as it by-passes the body's conversion process. This is apparently cheap and plentiful, like the vitD, so is an easy and effective treatment.

The “number” of infections is not the R number

The R number is an indicator of how many people one person infects. So if one person infects 2 then the R number = 2 and the rate of infection doubles each generation of disease spread. If that one person is the only person in the country with the virus then while the R number is 2 the number of infection is ‘Low’

So the situation we now have is if the R number is below 1 that’s great as it means the number of infections is dropping but the actual number of people infected is still very high and obviously its going to be much higher than march last year as things were still very early not that many people were infected back then.

Please read the studies and science behind what is being said about vitamin D and Covid, especially the Spanish study. The NHS program you are referring to is for 400 IU per day, there is growing evidence that 4000 IU per day may be needed. Please read look for and read the letter ‘Over 200 Scientists & Doctors*Call For Increased*Vitamin D Use To Combat COVID-19’ and watch this video on YouTube ‘ David Davis MP holds Adjournment debate on vitamin D and Covid-19’

There is a real danger that reports of huge doses of vitamin D possibly being helpful with cv19 will lead to people harming their health by taking excessive amounts of vitamin D.

Remember former president Trump proposing bleech as a treatment.......

a link to the Portuguese doctors findings would have been helpful.

:yeahthat:
Vitamin D is not suitable for everyone, so as the research shows it needs to be under supervision.

If you do need them apply before next weekend that’s the cut off date(y)

Thanks for raising the profile of Vitamin D

Despite 50% of the UK population being deficient..
I'm in the group where it will mess with the stuff keeping me alive

There is a real danger that reports of huge doses of vitamin D possibly being helpful with cv19 will lead to people harming their health by taking excessive amounts of vitamin D.

Remember former president Trump proposing bleech as a treatment.......

a link to the Portuguese doctors findings would have been helpful.
The Iranians went one better with a cocktail of Methanol and bleach.

When I was working up in Svalbard, I found a lot of the staple foods had Vitamin D added to them..... they said rather than taking supplements every day, it was easier just to add it to the food.

My dad has also been sent the Vit D supplements by the government. He's hardly been out of the house all winter, so good idea to keep it topped up.

Certainly up in my neck of the woods we get quite a lot of sunshine, the daylight is earlier up here as well. Even in winter months we get sunshine, certainly where I am slightly north of Inverness. We do get ice and wind, but sunshine is there.

Back