Register Login
The UK's No.1 Chrysler Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010   #31
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ07 View Post
Id try a different garage unless you start getting some honest answers.
You could simply try contacting another Fiat dealership to enquire what Evos they have available in the country, that would let you know if you have any chance of getting one quickly at another dealership before cancelling your order.
They've told me to order one its a wait until November now, apparently they are very popular and everyones buying them! I'll see if i get my phone call by tuesday if i don't i will be cancelling my order. im very fussy and ive built the car to exactly how i want it!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-09-2010   #32
Forum Moderator
 
T14086's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Preston
Posts: 29,985
Thanks: 1063
Trader Rating: 0
T14086 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by honda View Post
T14086 I do not have a problem with Italy having a shutdown in any way shape or form. The problem I have is that Fiat do a promotion from July- September offer you a contribution of 2000. Then when the car is not going to be here for the end of September deadline Dealership tell you 2000 contribution is not applicable as car not registered before 30/9/2010 it sucks after all I ordered my car in JULY!!!!
Forget what dealership say contact Fiat themselves and if no luck simply buy another make. Fiat will soon learn not to pis5 folk off....the hard way!
__________________
http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk//
T14086 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-09-2010   #33
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
Posts: 964
Thanks: 31
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

You may just have to wait, when I got my Grande Sporting that was new, I got quoted 8 weeks and it turned out to be more like 13 when it actually got here.

Obv I was a slight bit annoyed as I had traded in my old car (was broken anyway) but meant I was without a car nearly a month longer than planned.

I suggest you wait if you can, its more than worth it. you can always pick up an old banger for 4 weeks if you cannot afford to be without a car, and then that will make picking up the new one all that sweeter. (before someone mentions it you can get a car for 50 with enough looking)

But as T says, buy another make if you want, but then u may have the same thing all over again.

If you want a car now, you buy direct off the forecourt, if you want your own spec/build then you wait, simple as.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by TallTom; 03-09-2010 at 23:00.
TallTom is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-09-2010   #34
"Spirito Di Punto"
 
TJ07's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 631
Thanks: 46
Trader Rating: 0
TJ07 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by xSianx View Post
They've told me to order one its a wait until November now, apparently they are very popular and everyones buying them! I'll see if i get my phone call by tuesday if i don't i will be cancelling my order. im very fussy and ive built the car to exactly how i want it!
Well certainly cant blame you for that!
As for being popular cars Ive only seen another two on the road up here (both GPs) and guess what they were being driven by Fiat salesmen from the local garage!
__________________
Punto Evo Sporting 135 MultiAir Ambient White,
Red Wing Mirrors, Smoked Wind Deflectors, Team Dynamics Jet 17" alloys, Abarth Evo Exhaust & Suspension, Side Rubbing strips, Red Brake Calipers, Rear Mudflaps, Clear Rear Fog Unit, BMC Panel Filter, TMC Box, Osram Nightbreakers, Mtec Superwhite side lights, Mtec Superwhite DRL's, Chromed Indicator Bulbs, Smoked repeaters, Alloy Pedals, Armrest.
TJ07 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 03-09-2010   #35
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ07 View Post
Well certainly cant blame you for that!
As for being popular cars Ive only seen another two on the road up here (both GPs) and guess what they were being driven by Fiat salesmen from the local garage!

I've not seen any!! i suppose they'll just say anything to keep you.


Quote Quote:
You may just have to wait, when I got my Grande Sporting that was new, I got quoted 8 weeks and it turned out to be more like 13 when it actually got here.

Obv I was a slight bit annoyed as I had traded in my old car (was broken anyway) but meant I was without a car nearly a month longer than planned.

I suggest you wait if you can, its more than worth it. you can always pick up an old banger for 4 weeks if you cannot afford to be without a car, and then that will make picking up the new one all that sweeter. (before someone mentions it you can get a car for 50 with enough looking)

But as T says, buy another make if you want, but then u may have the same thing all over again.

If you want a car now, you buy direct off the forecourt, if you want your own spec/build then you wait, simple as.
Yeah i can see what your saying you have a good point! Its just so frustrating being lied to and expecting to be told your car is on the way when it isn't even built!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-09-2010   #36
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 565
Thanks: 17
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

I put in the order for mine mid july and have been assured it will be ready for collection in around two weeks time (although I won't be able to pick it up until the end of the month). At no point have I been messed about, they've called me on a few occasions to give an updates and pick a number plate. I'm guessing here but if if cars have a delivery date into October then dealers simply aren't putting the orders in with the factory when they receive them. Is there some sort of financial gain for them to hold onto orders and put a load in at once?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Marcos999 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 05-09-2010   #37
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos999 View Post
I put in the order for mine mid july and have been assured it will be ready for collection in around two weeks time (although I won't be able to pick it up until the end of the month). At no point have I been messed about, they've called me on a few occasions to give an updates and pick a number plate. I'm guessing here but if if cars have a delivery date into October then dealers simply aren't putting the orders in with the factory when they receive them. Is there some sort of financial gain for them to hold onto orders and put a load in at once?
Much the same story with mine, ordered it, went a few weeks before delivery date, asked if everythings ok, was told it'll be in on time etc its currently on the boat, then they said when it arrives i'll get a phone call with number plates etc.

few weeks later, i had a phone call about number plates, then an insurance number deal i had to setup, next day i picked it up.

But then, with the Italians taking months off at a time it's bound to cause issues!
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 06-09-2010   #38
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nuneaton
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Don't they close the factory for the whole of August for holidays??????
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

ronxray is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-09-2010   #39
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by ronxray View Post
Don't they close the factory for the whole of August for holidays??????

Yes its closed for the whole of August, it re-opened on 1st september
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-09-2010   #40
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 292
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
IronHorse has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Gone through Fiat UK now as my dealer seem to just constantly say try tomorrow, Try friday Fiat release updates then... And its got a little too much
To date ive been patient considering i ordered 9 weeks ago i expect them to try convince me there on with the task and are chasing up my order.
Instead i call Monday at 9.30AM and they call me back 16:00PM Tuesday still with nothing.
Ive told FIAT i will happily wait while friday but want some form of information otherwise Im going to cancel with or without my deposit
__________________
Multi-Air Turbo
IronHorse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-09-2010   #41
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 292
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
IronHorse has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Finally got a estimated delivery date... End of October! I ordered 8th of July needless to say im not happy and asked about them ending the 2000 deposit which ive explained if this is the case to not even bother calling me back. Really really disappointed and already started looking elsewhere
__________________
Multi-Air Turbo
IronHorse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-09-2010   #42
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 565
Thanks: 17
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

End of October?? Did the dealer loose your order?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Marcos999 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-09-2010   #43
"Spirito Di Punto"
 
TJ07's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 631
Thanks: 46
Trader Rating: 0
TJ07 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post
Finally got a estimated delivery date... End of October! I ordered 8th of July needless to say im not happy and asked about them ending the 2000 deposit which ive explained if this is the case to not even bother calling me back. Really really disappointed and already started looking elsewhere
You could always contact another Fiat dealership and enquire as to whether there are any Sportings already on their system and ready to purchase.
You may even have been able to source a pre-reg one with a bit hunting, youll normally get a very good deal on them. Arnold Clark advertise delivery mileage pre-reg Sporting Evo's for 13500 on their website.
Thanks IronHorse thanked for this post
__________________
Punto Evo Sporting 135 MultiAir Ambient White,
Red Wing Mirrors, Smoked Wind Deflectors, Team Dynamics Jet 17" alloys, Abarth Evo Exhaust & Suspension, Side Rubbing strips, Red Brake Calipers, Rear Mudflaps, Clear Rear Fog Unit, BMC Panel Filter, TMC Box, Osram Nightbreakers, Mtec Superwhite side lights, Mtec Superwhite DRL's, Chromed Indicator Bulbs, Smoked repeaters, Alloy Pedals, Armrest.
TJ07 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-09-2010   #44
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 292
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
IronHorse has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

Thanks TJ07 will look into it, Spoke with FIAT UK again tonight and going to put me in touch in the Marleybone sales manager and advise on incoming or un-registered Evos and see if we can do anything on that front. As no promises seem to be able to made on the 2000 contribution I was told it may be extending, improved or removed so its to hoping its extending or improved as that is whats holding the balance for myself.
So have to wait for details on the scheme tomorrow as to whether it will be honoured, Very poor if not otherwise im having to make a decision on one on the basis Fiat havent processed my ordered as intended
__________________
Multi-Air Turbo

Last edited by IronHorse; 08-09-2010 at 19:49.
IronHorse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-09-2010   #45
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fuming!

In fairness... they say it can take between 8-12 weeks to deliver.

I ordered mine on the 28th June 2010, i called them on the 1st September and was told they are getting it delivered the last week in september (which is within the 12 weeks)

I am abit worried about them being able to get rid of their 2000 contribution though if its after the 30.09.10., going to phone them tommorow and see what they say.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

LiamPT4 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I wonder what he was taking udtrev Leisure Lounge 5 24-04-2010 01:15
Any one Like Long Way Round, Long Way Down Race to Dakar or By Any Means? tozzleozzle Leisure Lounge 13 06-11-2008 23:14
(G) What is taking Fiat so long???!!!! purplehaze072 Grande Punto 8 18-06-2008 11:03
(G) This is taking the pi$$ Alan.D Panda (Classic) 10 12-11-2005 23:13