Register Login
FIAT Auto Specialist Team
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2010   #1
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Punto Evo

I used to own a Grande Punto stripe..loved that car but coming up for a year ago stupidly i sold it for a Mazda 2 sport and regretted it the moment i drove away from the punto!
6 months later i sold the Mazda for a Mini cooper convertible which i have now realised again is a very big mistake cause its a heap of junk and is only just 3 years old and is falling apart!!!
so once again im considering a punto because i love them! im torn between the evo and the abarth!
Wondered what the evo is like? how it is for petrol etc?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-05-2010   #2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by xSianx View Post
I used to own a Grande Punto stripe..loved that car but coming up for a year ago stupidly i sold it for a Mazda 2 sport and regretted it the moment i drove away from the punto!
6 months later i sold the Mazda for a Mini cooper convertible which i have now realised again is a very big mistake cause its a heap of junk and is only just 3 years old and is falling apart!!!
so once again im considering a punto because i love them! im torn between the evo and the abarth!
Wondered what the evo is like? how it is for petrol etc?
Petrol i get about 380miles /tank (45-50), 410ish if i motorway a full tank i think.... not trying to be green, just driving normally & occasionally like a ****.

Punto Evo is a great car, feels unlike any other Punto i've been in, just feels like a big car, very safe, not a go-kart like most other super mini's, and the 105 engine goes pretty well.... the 135 turbo i've not tried but im sure it'll go like stink.

If your looking at the Abarth Grande, id highly suggest trying the Punto Evo Sporting first.
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Blank2k2 View Post
Petrol i get about 380miles /tank (45-50), 410ish if i motorway a full tank i think.... not trying to be green, just driving normally & occasionally like a ****.

Punto Evo is a great car, feels unlike any other Punto i've been in, just feels like a big car, very safe, not a go-kart like most other super mini's, and the 105 engine goes pretty well.... the 135 turbo i've not tried but im sure it'll go like stink.

If your looking at the Abarth Grande, id highly suggest trying the Punto Evo Sporting first.
Whats it like for insurance?? i was looking at the sporting earlier its a very nice car but very expensive!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #4
Get Your Own Title!
 
Scrogg's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,604
Thanks: 146
Trader Rating: 0
Scrogg has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by xSianx View Post
Whats it like for insurance?? i was looking at the sporting earlier its a very nice car but very expensive!
If the Evo Sporting is expensive the Abarth is out of the question, surely?

Your Grande Punto Stripes was basically a 1.2 Active with alloy wheels and side skirts (and the stripe, obviously) so have you considered a new Grande Punto 1.4 Sound? Much cheaper than the Evo (they start at 7,995 at the moment) and with the addition of Style Pack (alloys, rear spoiler and front fogs) for 500 would give you pretty much everything you had with your Stripes.
__________________

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it is too dark to read
- Groucho Marx
Scrogg is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Scrogg View Post
If the Evo Sporting is expensive the Abarth is out of the question, surely?

Your Grande Punto Stripes was basically a 1.2 Active with alloy wheels and side skirts (and the stripe, obviously) so have you considered a new Grande Punto 1.4 Sound? Much cheaper than the Evo (they start at 7,995 at the moment) and with the addition of Style Pack (alloys, rear spoiler and front fogs) for 500 would give you pretty much everything you had with your Stripes.

Yeah ive looked at it but it looks **** and cheap!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #6
Get Your Own Title!
 
Scrogg's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,604
Thanks: 146
Trader Rating: 0
Scrogg has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by xSianx View Post
Yeah ive looked at it but it looks **** and cheap!
Fair enough

Odd that you say you loved your Stripes but berate the exact same car as looking **** and cheap
__________________

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it is too dark to read
- Groucho Marx
Scrogg is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #7
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Scrogg View Post
Fair enough

Odd that you say you loved your Stripes but berate the exact same car as looking **** and cheap
i dont like them without the sideskirts.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #8
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Aye, Sporting certainly isnt cheap right now, will be awhile until some trade-ins get going... even ex-demo's are only Dynamic/GP's atm i believe.

and Yeah, the Punto Sound is just a limited Grande Punto.
Id rather go for an older Punto T-Jet than a Punto Sound.

Sporting is fully loaded, think it goes as well as an Abarth too & it has alot more comfort/gadgetry.... but price is painful, especially after extras.

Mines an Eleganza, but im paying about 500 quid insurance for a year + 125-135 (cant remember) for Tax, not sure what a sporting would cost me, Tax would be the same or less... insurance probably 600-700? dunno..
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #9
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Essex/Suffolk border
Posts: 82,441
Thanks: 1458
Trader Rating: 10
dave has donated!
dave is an official FF Advertiser
dave is an honorary friend of the forum :)
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

you can buy skirts separate
__________________
dave is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #10
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

i have a sporting goes like stink!

Insurrance is 400 a year fully comp
__________________
Punto Evo 1.4 (135) Sporting - Leather Interior, Body Coloured Side Rubbing Strips, Visibility Pack, Auto Dual Zone Climate Control, Style Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Exotica Red - Goes Like Stink!
MojoWill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #11
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bristol
Posts: 857
Thanks: 23
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by MojoWill View Post
i have a sporting goes like stink!

Insurrance is 400 a year fully comp
nice, how old are ya?

25 here / full ncb.. about 500/year fully comp for my eleganza.
__________________

2010 Punto Evo Eleganza - 1.4 Multiair (105) - Progressive Black

Last edited by Blank2k2; 29-05-2010 at 12:43.
Blank2k2 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 29-05-2010   #12
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Essex
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Quote Originally Posted by MojoWill View Post
i have a sporting goes like stink!

Insurrance is 400 a year fully comp
How much did yours cost you? problem is i want everything on it lol.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

xSianx is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-05-2010   #13
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

Sporting was 17,520 had all the extras except the sunroof.

I'm 27 with 3 years no claims.
__________________
Punto Evo 1.4 (135) Sporting - Leather Interior, Body Coloured Side Rubbing Strips, Visibility Pack, Auto Dual Zone Climate Control, Style Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Exotica Red - Goes Like Stink!
MojoWill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-05-2010   #14
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: York
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

My sporting cost 12k with just the tomtom as extra (didn't really need anything else)

Insurance cost me just over 1k which I didn't think was too bad. Bear in mind that the first year of owning my 1.2 corsa cost 600 for its insurance. (I'm 23 with nearly 2y NCB + 3 points for speeding)

They are fantastic cars and I can confirm that the 135 goes like stink
__________________

Punto Evo 135 Sporting
Danmalone is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 30-05-2010   #15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Punto Evo

12k??? List price on a basic sporting is 15,125
__________________
Punto Evo 1.4 (135) Sporting - Leather Interior, Body Coloured Side Rubbing Strips, Visibility Pack, Auto Dual Zone Climate Control, Style Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Exotica Red - Goes Like Stink!
MojoWill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) Latest rumour: the revised Grande Punto is the Punto Evo ducasi Grande Punto 0 26-06-2009 09:56