Technical Turn off siren?

Currently reading:
Technical Turn off siren?

Hi,

Is there any way of setting the remote locking so that it works, but does not set the siren/alarm? I've tried all the stuff on page 14 on the owners handbook without success. The picture showing an on/off keyslot in the fuse compartment is from a LH drive car; doesn't seem to be in RH drive versions.

Jim.

Use the key in the lock

Yes.......... This I knew:D. I was trying to see if it was possible to have remote lock/unlock without setting/unsetting the alarm. Fiat dealers advice was "pull the alarm fuse". Problem is doing this (I know, I tried it) shuts off the remote lock/unlock, which kind of defeats the object of the exercise. Dealer also said there was a keyslot on the alarm siren to shut it off (there isn't).

These are genuinely great cars, but it seems that Fiat doesn't really support RH drive versions. Two Fiat main dealers have told me that a lot of the information in the owners handbook "does not apply" to UK spec. models. A bit strange this, seeing as how the ****ing handbook is written in English specifically for the UK market:mad:.

Hi Jim
We Managed It With Our Multi ,alarm Off But Remote Still Works.

There Is No Key Slot In Car For Siren Etc. It Was Something To Do With Sensor On Roof Up By Sunroof I Think I Will Check.

Hi Jim
We Managed It With Our Multi ,alarm Off But Remote Still Works.

There Is No Key Slot In Car For Siren Etc. It Was Something To Do With Sensor On Roof Up By Sunroof I Think I Will Check.[/quote]

That's intriguing; on page 180 of the Owner Handbook there's a chart showing a Volumetric Sensor up by the ceiling light, along with switches on all four doors plus the tailgate. I wonder; if the sensor alongside the ceiling light is bypassed, or maybe just an on/off switch (key operated?) discretely fitted in the mounting plate, would this also disable the door switches? The plot thickens. Thanks multiplexed. Do you remember how you did it?........................... Jim.

what i do is ..just use the key in the door the doors lock but it does not set the alarm.........i live on a quiet road and at about 6:30 am every morning a few large lorries go past and the road and all the houses shake like hell and used to set the alarm off ..but not anymore ,i just lock the car with the key ...no probs

Back