General Anti theft alarm ECU siren

Currently reading:
General Anti theft alarm ECU siren

Colin R

Is anybody breaking a Multipla? I need an anti theft alarm ECU siren. At a garage, where my 115 ELX JTD had been taken for an MOT, a small fire took place in the wiring & plug connectors for the alarm. The garage takes no responsibility and cannot give an MOT pass for the car because the hazard warning lights will no longer operate. All work required for the MOT had been done, but I have been unable to find the parts I need. I could buy a new anti theft unit, but I also need the connectors and wires (or at least a few centimetres of the wires so that they can be reattached). I've sent messages to all that I can find who are breaking Multiplas, but have had no replies. The photo shows the anti theft unit and burnt connector and wires. I am, of course, willing to pay a reasonable price for the parts I need, together with postage costs. Thanks in anticipation of any helpful replies. Colin

Attachments

• DSC07969.JPG
    DSC07969.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
Try this guy. Currently has a multi for breaking on e-bay.
Just had a couple of bits from him now, and also used him in the past, so can say he is genuine and honest.

Also, try 'failsworth fiat spares' also on e-bay.
Again, used him before and seems genuine and helpful.

Fairly sure if you ask for a few inches of loom and connectors usually they will oblige.

(failsworth did this for my punto when rear light cluster went rogue, and took out the plastic connector for whole cluster. He sold me a light cluster plus plug, and about a metre of loom as well.)

Hope this helps.. (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Try this guy. Currently has a multi for breaking on e-bay.
Just had a couple of bits from him now, and also used him in the past, so can say he is genuine and honest.

Also, try 'failsworth fiat spares' also on e-bay.
Again, used him before and seems genuine and helpful.

Fairly sure if you ask for a few inches of loom and connectors usually they will oblige.

(failsworth did this for my punto when rear light cluster went rogue, and took out the plastic connector for whole cluster. He sold me a light cluster plus plug, and about a metre of loom as well.)

Hope this helps.. (y)
Many thanks. These two sellers didn't come up on my monitor when I was searching for Multipla breakers.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My alarm is disconnected but my hazards work. Is something else wrong. I will double check Sunday when home.
Thanks for your reply. My car had failed an MOT at the same garage a couple of weeks before and the hazards were not a failure on that occasion so the fact that they were not working after the fire must, I think, be attributed to melting of the wires leading into the alarm ECU. However I'll be interested to hear the results of your check.

Many thanks. These two sellers didn't come up on my monitor when I was searching for Multipla breakers.
Correction - I had already sent a message to failsworth, along with rovermg4ever and carpartscentre and have not received a reply from any of them. I'm hoping for a positive outcome from dshotston as he has, at least, acknowledged my message.

Correction - I had already sent a message to failsworth, along with rovermg4ever and carpartscentre and have not received a reply from any of them. I'm hoping for a positive outcome from dshotston as he has, at least, acknowledged my message.
For the sake of completeness - I also tried findingnemo and received no reply.

For the sake of completeness - I also tried findingnemo and received no reply.
Agree with that, have tried him twice too, on two separate occasions, never got any reply either. :rolleyes:
Not sure why this sort of person bothers to sell on e-bay, they are just a waste of peoples time, and downright annoying.

If dshotston has the parts, he will get back to you, I am certain, having dealt with him twice before and always found him quick to reply either way.
Surprised Failsworth haven't replied, though he did take a few days last time I used him?

Agree with that, have tried him twice too, on two separate occasions, never got any reply either. :rolleyes:
Not sure why this sort of person bothers to sell on e-bay, they are just a waste of peoples time, and downright annoying.

If dshotston has the parts, he will get back to you, I am certain, having dealt with him twice before and always found him quick to reply either way.
Surprised Failsworth haven't replied, though he did take a few days last time I used him?
I'm with you in finding sellers annoying when they don't have the decency to even reply to a message and you were right in expecting dshotston to reply. I heard back from him within the last hour. He had difficulty in finding and removing the siren. It was behind the bumper on the drivers side, in a different place to mine. He advertised it on ebay and I've just bought it from him. Thank you for your help.

I'm with you in finding sellers annoying when they don't have the decency to even reply to a message and you were right in expecting dshotston to reply. I heard back from him within the last hour. He had difficulty in finding and removing the siren. It was behind the bumper on the drivers side, in a different place to mine. He advertised it on ebay and I've just bought it from him. Thank you for your help.
Glad you are sorted. Having used dshotston three times now, and can vouch for him. I asked if he had an item Sunday PM, he replied within an hour that he did, and listed it the same evening. Purchased straight away, item was posted Monday AM, I received it Tues AM. Real service, and worth recommending to others.
I actually reported Xfinding nemo to E-bay, but not heard back from them. Still, found someone more 'professional' and probably cheaper too!!

All the best, hope the item solves your problem too!

OK, so what happens if you press the hazard warning button on the dash, does it flash/light up?? Do the indicator arrows on the display light up or flash??
If they do, but indicators themselves do not flash, at least there is power going to the system, but not reaching the relay??
If nothing at all, then possibly check relay for failure?
(this relay also does the left/right indicators individually from the stalk? so worth checking the relay if they don't) Also, possible fuse in the fuse board blown due to the fire shorting out the wiring perhaps?? (earthing out/short circuit?) worth checking fuses to see??

OK, so what happens if you press the hazard warning button on the dash, does it flash/light up?? Do the indicator arrows on the display light up or flash??
If they do, but indicators themselves do not flash, at least there is power going to the system, but not reaching the relay??
If nothing at all, then possibly check relay for failure?
(this relay also does the left/right indicators individually from the stalk? so worth checking the relay if they don't) Also, possible fuse in the fuse board blown due to the fire shorting out the wiring perhaps?? (earthing out/short circuit?) worth checking fuses to see??
Very grateful, once more, for your advice Hugharsse and that of MultipleMultis. The indicators were working, but the hazard warning switch did not light up, nor was there any light in the indicators when hazard warning switch was depressed so I checked the fuses and found that the hazard warning light fuse had blown. I've replaced the fuse and the hazard warning lights are now working. Seems I could have saved myself the trouble and expense of buying the second hand anti theft device and once I receive it don't think I'll be fitting it. New MOT now to be sought.

Very grateful, once more, for your advice Hugharsse and that of MultipleMultis. The indicators were working, but the hazard warning switch did not light up, nor was there any light in the indicators when hazard warning switch was depressed so I checked the fuses and found that the hazard warning light fuse had blown. I've replaced the fuse and the hazard warning lights are now working. Seems I could have saved myself the trouble and expense of buying the second hand anti theft device and once I receive it don't think I'll be fitting it. New MOT now to be sought.
Great to know it's all sorted. Assume the wiring fire 'shorted' something to earth, and took out the fuse (as it was designed to do) otherwise could have been more of a disaster, you could have had more loom gone up in smoke.
Sometimes it's helpful to just stop and think, and also go back to basics, things like fuses, and loose connections (cheap and easy) before embarking on high tech solutions...

Glad to have been of help, and good luck with the MOT. (No more little mishaps!!;))

Back