Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017   #1
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Hey Guys

I have a punto tjet 1.4 2009.
I was thinking about buying a haynes manual. Now the book says it does not cover tjet, but u was thinking of getting it for such things as alternator belt.change and the transmission, as I was.hoping they are fairly similar and allow me to do such work?

Does anyone know if this is possible or would I be wasting my money?

Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-11-11-00-46.png
Views:	36
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	182240
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-07-2017   #2
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 307
Trader Rating: 0
Belgium 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Hi Emmerson,

if it was for me, I would not buy it; you'll find a lot of similarities but also a lot of discrepancies !! I'd rather refer to eLearn which you can download from the net and that covers the 1.4 TJET amongst other GPs...

BRs, Bernie
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Bernievarian is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-07-2017   #3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernievarian View Post
Hi Emmerson,

if it was for me, I would not buy it; you'll find a lot of similarities but also a lot of discrepancies !! I'd rather refer to eLearn which you can download from the net and that covers the 1.4 TJET amongst other GPs...

BRs, Bernie
Hey Berne.

Yeah I quoted you the other day in a post. I just cannot get that elearn to work on my mac computer. I have a post of it I was actually asking if you could see what's wrong with screen shots. So this is why I took this as another option
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-07-2017   #4
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 479
Thanks: 25
Trader Rating: 0
Ben D has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

It's worth it to have all torque settings in one place and for jobs not covered by guides on this site. Alternator belt is covered as is common with other aircon models. The T-Jet is the only one with the c510 transmission, not covered. Anything to do with turbo or induction and IC is also sadly missing as I found out when I had to replace the coolant radiator

I got a soft back copy from eBay for about 5 delivered.

Cheers

Ben
__________________
06 Grande Punto 1.4 8v daily and T-Jet toy
Ben D is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-07-2017   #5
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 307
Trader Rating: 0
Belgium 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Hi Emmerson,

did you finally managed to get the .iso file rebuilt from .rar segments ?
If so you should be able to burn a CD from that .iso and read it on your Mac using an utility like VirtualBox...
If no, the very first step is to get the .iso file, no alternative !!

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better- understand your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Bernievarian is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-07-2017   #6
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 307
Trader Rating: 0
Belgium 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Hi Emmerson,

had a look in eLearn procedures regarding your request in PM.

The single belt replacement is quite simple as they describbe it:

- remove sound-proofing cover
- remove turbo air-intake pipe
- remove air-filter assy
- lock the belt tensionner
- remove old belt
- install new one
- refit in reverse order ...

Not describbed: The belt tensionner is spring loaded, so to ease the job, I'd recommend moving it (spanner, crow-bar, plyer...) to get the belt lose and lock it in this place. There seems to be a hole in the block or the support and on the tensionner itself so one can insert a locking pin. Once the new belt is in, simply release the tensionner.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better- understand your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Belt tensionner TJet.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	182263  
Likes everson38 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Bernievarian is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 12-07-2017   #7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
It's worth it to have all torque settings in one place and for jobs not covered by guides on this site. Alternator belt is covered as is common with other aircon models. The T-Jet is the only one with the c510 transmission, not covered. Anything to do with turbo or induction and IC is also sadly missing as I found out when I had to replace the coolant radiator

I got a soft back copy from eBay for about 5 delivered.

Cheers

Ben
Hey Ben appreciate this! You dint still have link to your ebay fr the book when I type in the haynes manual for grande punto it's about 12.99 + postage. So it defiantly has the alelternator belt job in there? As I would get it simply for those two reasons. Torque specs drive belt change
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 13-07-2017   #8
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 70
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Not sure how good your local library is, but mine had a copy of the GP Haynes Manual when I looked. Worth a look if you're not sure it's going to be useful, before paying out for a copy of your own
Likes everson38 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

oldmanhouse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 14-07-2017   #9
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanhouse View Post
Not sure how good your local library is, but mine had a copy of the GP Haynes Manual when I looked. Worth a look if you're not sure it's going to be useful, before paying out for a copy of your own
That was a great idea u gave them a.call and they have one. So I'll probs take it out and give it a test run
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 27-07-2017   #10
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernievarian View Post
Hi Emmerson,

had a look in eLearn procedures regarding your request in PM.

The single belt replacement is quite simple as they describbe it:

- remove sound-proofing cover
- remove turbo air-intake pipe
- remove air-filter assy
- lock the belt tensionner
- remove old belt
- install new one
- refit in reverse order ...

Not describbed: The belt tensionner is spring loaded, so to ease the job, I'd recommend moving it (spanner, crow-bar, plyer...) to get the belt lose and lock it in this place. There seems to be a hole in the block or the support and on the tensionner itself so one can insert a locking pin. Once the new belt is in, simply release the tensionner.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better- understand your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)
Hey Bern . It doesn't say what size hex bit is needed.to move the tensioner pulley??? Thanks
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 08-03-2019   #11
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 212
Thanks: 10
Trader Rating: 0
Slovakia 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Does anyone has GP Heynes manual in PDF ? Becuase here I cannot buy it, it's not on our market. I found only some Poland version somewhere in Poland e-shop...but I need Slovak or English version to understand. And eLEARN or ePER are not so detailed...
__________________
Grande Punto (III) 1.4 8V m.y.2013 (350A1000)

Last edited by Rado77; 08-03-2019 at 07:12.
Rado77 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-05-2019   #12
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 435
Thanks: 9
Trader Rating: 0
everson38 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Rado77 View Post
Does anyone has GP Heynes manual in PDF ? Becuase here I cannot buy it, it's not on our market. I found only some Poland version somewhere in Poland e-shop...but I need Slovak or English version to understand. And eLEARN or ePER are not so detailed...
Are you willing to buy it on ebay and have it shipped to you via that way?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

everson38 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 16-05-2019   #13
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: West Zeeland
Posts: 43
Thanks: 3
Trader Rating: 0
kjeldio has donated!
Denmark 
Re: Fiat Grande Punto and Evo Haynes manual?

Why not go directly to the source:

https://haynes.com/en-gb/fiat/grande-punto/2006-2015


I did, even including the shipment, it was stil cheaper than bying it from a danish bookstore.
BRs. Kjeld
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

kjeldio is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(G) HAYNES MANUAL NEW Fiat 500 & Panda usable for grande Punto engines? Steam Runner Grande Punto 6 21-01-2014 07:26
(G) Haynes Manual For a Fiat grande punto (08) Oliver Hargreaves Grande Punto 3 06-09-2011 23:04
No Haynes manual for grande punto ? ADIE 1963 Lets Talk FIAT 1 23-01-2011 19:26
(T) Grande Punto Haynes Manual beany_bot Grande Punto 16 23-02-2009 21:27
(G) fiat punto mk2 haynes manual leo t Punto (Mk2/2b) 6 19-05-2006 17:08