General New Forest Meeting 2014

Currently reading:
General New Forest Meeting 2014

Pub or would you prefer a Picnic? Choose a date(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it is approaching that time of year again so watch this space for details and links.

Mark (team yellowluigi) and I will be working out the details in the next few weeks and as soon as we have finalised routes and scenic stops for photos I will update you all. Everyone who has attended in the past will get a pm anyway but we hope to see more new faces as well.

This year we may be departing from our previous format and instead of the traditional stop for lunch at a pretty New Forest Pub we are looking into having a Picnic instead. Obviously this will rely heavily on the weather being kind to us so we would appreciate everyone's input before deciding.

As soon as we have something tangible to report I will get it up in the events section so everyone interested can add themselves in the usual way.

(y)

Hi Tony
If we (the Sadgits) are free would love to come again. Any chance of co-ordinating with an Italian car event at Beaulieu again?, the last time we did that it was an excellent day out (despite you not being there :) )

Hi, We are up for picnic in the forest, good timing as well as just got a large picnic basket to use!. Sadly Beaulieu are not having an Italian day this year so will have to think of somewhere else to go.

I couldn't make Italian Day last time- clashed with Swedish Day if I recall (Abba Volvos and Saabs) since that is done and dusted I would like to think I am able to join in a picnic possibly dragging Pearly Lorraine again.
Just hope it isn't at the end of August when I'll be invading Germany with 34 Vikings and their knitting needles! (No I don't knit- yet)

Hi Tony
If we (the Sadgits) are free would love to come again. Any chance of co-ordinating with an Italian car event at Beaulieu again?, the last time we did that it was an excellent day out (despite you not being there :) )

Great minds think alike, lol. That was the first thing that I checked with Mark but he has looked into it and their are no Italian car events scheduled at Beaulieu unfortunately.

OK, the poll is now up at the top of the page so choose your date(s) and your eating preferences. The poll is multiple choice so if you can make both dates please select both, the same applies to the lunch format.

Sorry that I cannot offer any more dates but believe me there was a time when I almost had to call it off completely due to prior commitments.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and as soon as the poll closes mark and I will post the timetable for the days events.

I spoke to Beaulieu events office to see if they had any Italian car meetings scheduled at all this year but the only one is for Alfa Romeos (OK for you Chas, lol) but we will see next year if we can tie in with an Italian day at Beaulieu as it is a superb venue, I'm sure you will all agree.

If the meet goes ahead on the 13th don't forget to come along to the Bus Rally in Alton on the 20th and come and say hello to the guys from the classic Panda section who will be on display (y)

Last edited:
If the date is OK for me I'll be bringing the Alfa.(y)

I voted the 13th-
only it is the Motorbike Fest' at Beaulieu so the forest will be 2 wheel mania.

The 20th is Breamere House Car Show in aid of Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, which I'm already booked into :(

(Can someone tag along in the Saab- if it's allowed? Don't worry- it rarely hits the road these days since there are so few '71's left on the road)

Back