General New owner, with a few questions

Currently reading:
General New owner, with a few questions

TurismoChris

Hello all,

New Abarth 595 owner here. I hope you don't mind me joining up and firing a few questions at you from the off?

Q1. I knew from research the 595 had a compromised driving position, but following 4 hours of drivng yesterday it looks like I need to somehow find some more leg room. I'm not too bothered by the usual problem of high driving position but I've been wondering if those seat lowering kits allow anymore scope to push the seat back further? My ankles and legs were killing me by the time I got out. I'm 6' 2" and like pies :D

Q2. There is a distinct smell of hot/burning oil coming from under the bonnet. I've looked around as best I can but I can't see anything obvious leaking from above (further investigation needed underneath with a torch). I haven't seen any drips on the foor yet and the oil level seems to be holding steady following my 180 mile test drive. The car is a 2019 model with 18000 miles on the clock. Is there any common places to start looking? I'm also thinking it could be some spilt oil as the car had a small service before I collected it.

Q3. There is a terrible smell of wet dog/smelly socks coming out of the vents when the heating / aircon is on, it's started to get a little better since opening the recirculation valve and giving it a good blast with the fan. Any tips/products I can use to help with this?

Q4. Recommendations for security? I'm looking at Ghostwatch 2 - any thoughts?

Looking forward to more financial ruin and phyical torture from this epic little car :D

Back