Technical Screen Washer Jets

Currently reading:
Technical Screen Washer Jets

Dumb question, keeping in mind how long I've had 500s, but I'm stumped.

After my windscreen was replaced I noticed that on the driver's side the outside jet is pretty much missing the screen, whereas the other two are OK. It may or may not have been this way before the screen was changed.

Anyway, how can I adjust the individual aim of a jet? I know you can adjust the whole thing with a small screwdriver, but if I bring it down enough for that jet to hit the screen correctly the other two are too low. I have cleaned out the jet, just in case there was a little bit of grit or something in there.

All the other five hit fine, but this one just catches the top right hand side rather than where I need it clean!

If it was ok in the past, it must be dirt in the hole, or a damaged hole from cleaning.

May need to extract the nozzle from the side where the screwdriver adjusts it, to have a close look. However, this may make it a loose fit, so will constantly need readjusting as it walks its way out. You could try rotating the nozzles 180 degrees and try to clean out from the underside, but again this may make it too loose.

Try either of the above, but cure may be to replace jet assembly.

Thanks. Yes, I am wary of making it a loose fit as my previous 500 needed these replacing because they kept popping out (after freezing, I think). I think the item was improved, as I seem to remember it being a widespread issue back then but not so much now.

From memory these just push in, don't they? I think the screwdriver slot is just to adjust the aim, rather than tighten them. Is that right?

Back