Register Login
im Axle Specialists
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Angry 500 Clutch

Hello people,You have probably heard this one a hundred times but this is driving me potty. It is,of course,the old Pedal sticking to the floor fault on a 2013 500. It only began a few weeks ago and despite checking all the usual problems, that cause this, I have not been able to find the fault. It is very intermittent and will normally be worse if my daughter is driving the car. Any help much appreciated,as the local Fiat Dealer is as much help as a plank of wood.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Skudy02 is online now Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 519
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
brinker has donated!
Denmark 
Re: 500 Clutch

500 or 500L? The 500 is a cable clutch and is likely binding in either the cable or there's been water ingress in the bushing around the clutch fork - also causing binding.
The 500L is a hydraulic clutch, and pedal sticking to the floor, could be symptoms of a leaky clutch cylinder or clutch line.
__________________


Personal Best Lap Times:
Circuit Park Zandvoort - 2:37.89 (Fat Amy @65BHP)
brinker is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 2,911
Thanks: 149
Trader Rating: 0
chris3234 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by brinker View Post
500 or 500L? The 500 is a cable clutch and is likely binding in either the cable or there's been water ingress in the bushing around the clutch fork - also causing binding.
The 500L is a hydraulic clutch, and pedal sticking to the floor, could be symptoms of a leaky clutch cylinder or clutch line.
Right had drive fiat 500s have hydraulic clutchs only the left have cable operated
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

chris3234 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 519
Thanks: 7
Trader Rating: 0
brinker has donated!
Denmark 
Re: 500 Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by chris3234 View Post
Right had drive fiat 500s have hydraulic clutchs only the left have cable operated
You learn something new every day I guess
Likes varesecrazy liked this post
__________________


Personal Best Lap Times:
Circuit Park Zandvoort - 2:37.89 (Fat Amy @65BHP)
brinker is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 25,678
Thanks: 970
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Skudy02 View Post
Hello people,You have probably heard this one a hundred times but this is driving me potty. It is,of course,the old Pedal sticking to the floor fault on a 2013 500. It only began a few weeks ago and despite checking all the usual problems, that cause this, I have not been able to find the fault. It is very intermittent and will normally be worse if my daughter is driving the car. Any help much appreciated,as the local Fiat Dealer is as much help as a plank of wood.
Where are you based?

You probably want access to a garage with mechanical experience.

Is it a 500 lounge.. or 500 Large

Charlie
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Days Ago   #6
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by Skudy02 View Post
Hello people,You have probably heard this one a hundred times but this is driving me potty. It is,of course,the old Pedal sticking to the floor fault on a 2013 500. It only began a few weeks ago and despite checking all the usual problems, that cause this, I have not been able to find the fault. It is very intermittent and will normally be worse if my daughter is driving the car. Any help much appreciated,as the local Fiat Dealer is as much help as a plank of wood.
Donít let your daughter drive! She could crash in the highway with no power
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Irenedip is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 2 Days Ago   #7
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The land that time forgot
Posts: 3,244
Thanks: 250
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: 500 Clutch

9 times out of 10, a pedal sticking down is a failed clutch slave cylinder.

There's a good chance that it's not a concentric cylinder (inside the clutch bell-housing). If it's on top of the gearbox, it's simple to change and the part is not very expensive. Any reasonable garage should have no problems with it.


Ralf S.
Thanks Skudy02 thanked for this post
__________________
No bullets for chaingun
Ralf S. is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Skudy02
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) 500 clutch noise Ljclooby 500 20 22-10-2020 19:42
(T) Stiff clutch on a LHD Fiat 500 - possibly outworn clutch cable? Remix1989 500 9 01-07-2020 21:25
(G) Uh oh - 500 clutch woes jnoiles 500 8 20-09-2008 22:21