Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ripon
Posts: 617
Thanks: 28
Trader Rating: 0
Bleeding Knuckles has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Oil cooler installation

Quote Originally Posted by gordinir8 View Post
Ian i didn't get this, crankcase fitting is M6 one one side to M12 on the other side or you have rework the 6.5mm hole to bigger with new threads?
Hi Thomas, I don't understand it either, but all I can say is the original plug I have removed from the crankcase to return the oil is M12 x 1.5 I have not made any changes to the size
Ian.
Thanks gordinir8 thanked for this post
__________________
Si dice in Sicilia non c'e nulla di piu pericoloso di una Donna con fucile da caccia.

Abarth - Piccola ma Wicked
Bleeding Knuckles is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Athens
Posts: 687
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: Oil cooler installation

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
I think that in some situations, one of the problems with fitting an oil-cooler is just that... it's seen as a very "cool" thing to have and so it has to be "seen".
I will give a 30% to the ''looks cool'' factor and the rest 70% to engine cooling in my case I think that in a stock engine it will be effective even if it is not located in the most sufficient place. During winter engine temp is just bellow to 80 Celsius, at summer around 100 or 110 in traffic and 115 at big hills. My goal is to keep it during summer at 90-95. If i don't manage it at first place i might use a scoop, a fan or a different location. Little car can keep you busy for a long time if you are looking for trouble.
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gordinir8 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Athens
Posts: 687
Thanks: 22
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: Oil cooler installation

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Knuckles View Post
Hi Thomas, I don't understand it either, but all I can say is the original plug I have removed from the crankcase to return the oil is M12 x 1.5 I have not made any changes to the size
Ian.
Ian removed the plug (it was dead easy) and found it 12x1.5 thread 6mm allen key. I thought it was M6 So M12X1.5 fittings at you said
Probably gonna start it next month, i will cover it with photos for anyone else interested.
Thomas
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

gordinir8 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 60
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Oil cooler installation

My cooler is fitted under the car with a venturi duct to push air over the core when moving
Likes fiat500 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

AndrewHarvey is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Oil filter/cooler installation - Oil supply jjacob 500 (Classic) 36 03-01-2017 19:03
500 (Classic) oil cooler choppa Newbie Central 3 24-11-2016 17:00
Oil cooler Richardtom Newbie Central 0 22-05-2016 16:25
(G) Oil Cooler Help Please! barber62 Grande Punto 3 05-04-2012 03:05
(T) oil cooler k222pjr Barchetta 1 22-04-2008 23:53