The quick question thread

Currently reading:
The quick question thread

Just wasn't to clear on them, I've read that some are legal and some aren't and that people have been pulled over when they had legal ones and fined so was just curious as to where you can get legal ones from and how to prove they are legal if pulled over?

Andy Monty keeps the legislation printed in his car, but I believe has been pulled for other things a few times and never had any issues.

My motor bike is 1975 it has a pressed metal plate and passed mot.
Does it have to be a certain year?
I could get a new one but it would look terrible :(

see it mention in another thread that petrol and diesel are the same price now, also drove past asda and see that was the same there. what i don't know is why?

Diesel was a penny cheaper in tesco the other day when I filled up up. I believe the reason is to do with the wholesale price of diesel dropping

Does anybody know anything about garden electrical appliances?
I have a Homebase garden shredder which worked fine last year, but it's been in the shed for 12 months at least.
Took it out today as Mrs Codger has been lopping and chopping like a demon.
I spun the blades ok and the motor is turning ok.
Plugged it in but the cut out swicth and the main on off switch aren't doing anything. By that I mean the cut out re-set is very limp so to speak - like it's not connected to anything. I took the switch panel off and there is mains voltage getting to the tags on the re set and the main switch. I have blasted the protective interlock swicth with compressed air to make sure as far as I can that nothing is stuck in there.
What does it mean when the re set is just floppy? Do they work like a relay type thing?

What is this worth?

WP_20160802_18_06_50_Pro.jpg

How do you get rid of used needles? Guessing they can't go in normal rubbish.

(Just to be clear we've been giving the rabbit injectable antibiotics for 2 months and have a hard plastic liquitab container full of them).

Trees and plants don't produce co2, they absorb it
exactly so if we still had them they would have eaten it all, was late fingers wasn't typing what i was thinking :eek:

seems strange weather shows are saying its because of where elneno is that has made 2016 so warm, but mp's on the news are saying it proves global warming as co2 levels are the highest they have ever been. just a reason to tax us more i reckon.

Last edited:
Back