The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

Currently reading:
The Dash Camera Thread (Videos)

smartwitness seem to have no mention of this incident at all on there website so I'm not sure exactly where they supposedly released it, that said you should consider a company which sell equipment to help reduce insurance claims and bills may have a vested interest in claiming that the driver was 'cleared of blame'

The article states no claim was made against the driver, that's not to say the claim wasn't dealt with on a 50/50 basis and that the haulage firm May had to have foot the bill for any damage to the truck.

One article doesn't necessarily give the full facts, and take everything you read with a pinch of salt especially if the person saying is trying to make money from their claims

http://www.smartwitness.co.uk/article/74/case-studies

Case study 3

And now mentioned on the honest John website
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/mi...saves-trucker-from-expensive-insurance-claim/

I'm a HGV driver and I must say the civic driver got what he deserved :( if I can I will move over if it's clear but I'm not legally obliged to and have suffered the wrath of a few shaken jerky fists in my time as some drivers think I'm being awkward on purpose but I'm not? Sometimes it's just not that easy to pull over especially when I'm only doing 55 mph and there are cars zooming past me at 70 mph. And even braking a lorry can cause problems as their not the quickest of cats to get back up to 55 again so then you become a 40 mph road block on a 70 mph highway :eek:

In some cases when cars stupidly wait until the last minute to look over the shoulder or in thier mirrors (and I do see thier faces look from my elevated position) I find I have a split second to find the most logical and safest answer so I tend to think "your either gonna have to put your foot down and head for the hard shoulder or jam the anchors on and get behind me" . 99% of the time they do the latter. Of course I'm vilified by the driver because I failed to put his needs first but theirs no way I'm going to put someone elses life in danger because some idiot is impatient and just can't come down the slip road in a safe manner in join the carriageway nicely

i actually got one yesterday worth putting up, but windows media player is playing it upside down, and moving maker just has a black screen :confused:

i was following a car transporter towing a car back wards, I thought they wheel looks like it will fall off, so i stayed well back, then the wheel did come off. here is a screen shot from the cams own software viewer.

2.jpg

i actually got one yesterday worth putting up, but windows media player is playing it upside down, and moving maker just has a black screen :confused:

i was following a car transporter towing a car back wards, I thought they wheel looks like it will fall off, so i stayed well back, then the wheel did come off. here is a screen shot from the cams own software viewer.

View attachment 129411

That wheelie bad....

Wonder how far he went with the wheel missing?

Ziggy

That wheelie bad....

Wonder how far he went with the wheel missing?

Ziggy

to the end of that bit of road he then pulled to the side, i had got out and moved the wheel to the side of the road to keep traffic moving

Edit all might not be lost they play up the right way on wmp on my lap top, so i should be able to find full vid. i'll try them on winamp on pc later.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the more unusual sights i've seen on the roads in a while, especially in the middle of the countryside.

I know we can be behind the times here in Norfolk but this is silly!

Make sure you report that damage of road
the camera dont make it sound bad

but knowing the camera - it dulled, so it was a good hole thats for sure

Thank god for tall walled winter tyres eh?

ziggy

As I was there 5 others turned up to measure it and one said it'd been there since Monday. :eek:

I called the police to come and deal with it as clearly it's causing lots of damage and was an accident waiting to happen.

Dom

Back