100_3262.JPG

Panda (Classic) panda 4x4 barn find!

Introduction

heres a few pics of my new 4x4 I spotted it down a drive just down the road from me so I knocked on the door for a chat.... well to cut a long story short money changed hands and I was the owner of a 39,000 mile panda 4x4 totaly rust free including the doors! its been in the family from nearly new has all the hand books and service history even the spare key is unused and still has the code tag on it.
it has a few issues the boot lock does not work and the o/s front wing has a dent in it where it was caught on a caravan it also needs a good clean and polish the wheels need a repaint and are still fitted with pirelli mud and snow tyres (how old!!!!) so will probably need replacing.
I really was not on the lookout for another car but this was far to good to let slip by.
Any sign of you letting that one decay and I will be round with social services to have it taken away for adoption......by me....:D

dont worry its in safe hands its ages since I had a mint panda juppy and sally the sisley where good mainly because I only used them for shows my silver 4x4(which still does not have a name) is really tidy but has been my daily driver for the last 7 years so its hard to keep it mint. the red one(which Allen Fletcher has called king tut due to the reg) wont be doing much except shows so I can go to town on it and make it spot on(y)

dont worry its in safe hands its ages since I had a mint panda juppy and sally the sisley where good mainly because I only used them for shows my silver 4x4(which still does not have a name) is really tidy but has been my daily driver for the last 7 years so its hard to keep it mint. the red one(which Allen Fletcher has called king tut due to the reg) wont be doing much except shows so I can go to town on it and make it spot on(y)

We'll have a matching pair when I get my one from Oxford done. :D

Ha, Gavin knows me too well :p.

Off the back of selling the white 4x4 I now two customer resto's too!

Don't worry Gavin yours will be finished before I start them (y)

So the answer to your question Urchin is, it's quite a long way up but it is a very long list :(.

had a couple of hours on it today dug out the spare 4x4 wheels from my parents attic and fitted them so I can get the original one blasted and painted. had a look at the engine itwas low on antifreeze so I drained, flushed and refilled the system it was well overdue. also hada look at the rough running the vac unit was split causing the mixture to be out so with a new one fitted I decided to set the mixture only to find the carb still had its mixture blanking plug in place so im guessing no one has adjusted it since it left the factory!
had half an hour on the paintworkits not coming up too bad I could do with a good day on it but when I have a free day it rains:(

Attachments

• 100_3464.JPG
    100_3464.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_3465.JPG
    100_3465.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_3466.JPG
    100_3466.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 63
changed the oil yesterday and tried to set up the carb but the mixture screw makes no difference even if you take it right out! so ill try and take the carb off today to strip and clean it. can you still get rebuild kits for them?

Back