100_3262.JPG

Panda (Classic) panda 4x4 barn find!

Introduction

heres a few pics of my new 4x4 I spotted it down a drive just down the road from me so I knocked on the door for a chat.... well to cut a long story short money changed hands and I was the owner of a 39,000 mile panda 4x4 totaly rust free including the doors! its been in the family from nearly new has all the hand books and service history even the spare key is unused and still has the code tag on it.
it has a few issues the boot lock does not work and the o/s front wing has a dent in it where it was caught on a caravan it also needs a good clean and polish the wheels need a repaint and are still fitted with pirelli mud and snow tyres (how old!!!!) so will probably need replacing.
I really was not on the lookout for another car but this was far to good to let slip by.
it is mate it was down drive about half a mile from me on our street! been there since feb and I didnt spot it. Paula works for hermes and had to deliver a parcel to the house and noticed a panda shape under a blue sheet, but in my defence our street is about 5 mile long!!

Last edited:
it is mate it was down drive about half a mile from me on our street! been there since feb and I didnt spot it. Paula works for hermes and had to deliver a parcel to the house and noticed a panda shape under a blue sheet, but in my defence our street is about 5 mile long!!

So Paula could hardly say no to you getting another car as she'd given you the heads up then :p

Nice one :)

Did the owners happen to let you get away with a steal, or did they know what she was worth?

So Paula could hardly say no to you getting another car as she'd given you the heads up then :p

Nice one :)

Did the owners happen to let you get away with a steal, or did they know what she was worth?

no she couldnt say much when she came home and found it on the garden and I did buy her the skydome a couple of months ago(y)
he knew what it was worth but I think I got it for a fair price although my bank account took a hit:(

ok had a couple of hours on the car today removed the roof rack and made a start on cleaning. its looking good the only real problems apart from the wing damage is where the blue cover was put over it the ropes have rubbed on the tailgate and above the drivers door right down to the primer:( it needs a good t cut but for now I just gave it a quick polish and was happy with the results. I en-listed some slave labour to vac it and gave it a jet wash under the arches and bonnet no horrors found yet(y)
the guy I got it from came round with all the history which is a bonus it even included a sales brochure from when his dad got it. I cannot belive how good the doors are so i have posted a couple of pics for dragon man to drool over:p

Attachments

• 100_3275.JPG
    100_3275.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_3277.JPG
    100_3277.JPG
    417.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_3278.JPG
    100_3278.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_3281.JPG
    100_3281.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3282.JPG
    100_3282.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 77
had a look at the inside today the carpet was black around where the seat runners are I think it was spray grease it didnt want to come off with the valeting machine so we had to resort to more drastic measures! it came up well though, gave the seats a good clean too

Attachments

• 100_3296.JPG
    100_3296.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_3297.JPG
    100_3297.JPG
    526.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_3300.JPG
    100_3300.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 79
Plenty of insulation under the carpet for the winter I see :D Also what's the switch thing next to the gear lever? Oil slick? :devil:

Anyway, the carpet looks in good condition, I feel lazy now though; I've never lifted the carpet out completely for a clean on either of the mk1's (except the Marbellas rubber matting which was ugly :yuck:) and removed that permanently :eek:

Gets a big wow from me...(y)

Said I would not get another panda, but that seriously floats my boat.

not get another panda how many times have I said that:rolleyes: I said it back in 2004 when I sold the sisley to Allen F along with all my spares he filled a lorry with parts and the sisley was full to the roof I told him then I had finished with panda's but its like an addiction I just cannot say no I must save them from the jaws of the evil crusher thats why my yard is covered with them languishing in silent decay:p:p

Back