20231022_133012.jpg

Panda 2012+ My Panda 4x4

New to me Andy Pandy 4x4
Yeh I've got a Defender 90 and a 4x4 Panda. Panda is better in snow but doesn't have the ground clearance to beat the Landy over the rough stuff. Panda has better fuel economy!!!!
The only purpose of Andy is off roading, so I'm thinking of increasing clearance by upgrading springs and struts as well as slightly bigger steel wheels and tyres. I've joined the forum to get advice and tips as to the best kit to fit.

I did think about this outfit for lifted springs and shocks rather than spacers. Pricy but better than other "lift" kits. I expect you need to inform your insurance for the modification!
https://www.rialzi4x4evo.store/en/ammortizzatori-panda-iii-serie
Thank you; this is excellent - just what I had in mind. I wouldn't consider spacers. Andy's 10 years old and is ready for new shocks and springs; creaky at the back. The car was a great buy, a distress sale so I've justified the budget in my mind! (and my wife's... really?!!)
I have facilities to do the work myself. I don't think they'll be red though!

Yeh, I was impressed by the variety of different lift heights they did but would be wary of the extreme because of the steering geometry changes. Good luck.
Also, I've never had any problems importing stuff since Brexit. Even had a set of 4 tyres arrive from Germany within 3 days with no VAT, carriage or Customs charges ( a mistake surely?).

… doesn't have the ground clearance to beat the Landy over the rough stuff…
This was my issue with our first little green lane excursion. The little green tractor scrambled it’s way up a rocky wee track (with a laal cross axle’ing along the way). The underbody protection and sump guard were put to good use, but managed to tear the mesh sleeve off the exhaust flexi, it’s now rolling around the pipe a little further along (I need to remember to get underneath and cut it off!).

Lifting your Panda will make it even more fun for that stuff. It was only when I got to the smallish water dip at the end that I found myself wishing for more ground clearance, and realised I wasn’t going to clear the full length of the lane (only 300m left). I sent my boys in to test the height (pic below) and worried I’d get beached on the raised centre section. Doesn’t look deep here but when they got near the middle it was gonna flood wellies and the grass had started poking up in the middle again.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Fortunately the Panda can turn in its own footprint, and heading back down was possibly more challenging than the climb.

Enjoy chasing the Landy in that lifted Panda when the work is done!

This was my issue with our first little green lane excursion. The little green tractor scrambled it’s way up a rocky wee track (with a laal cross axle’ing along the way). The underbody protection and sump guard were put to good use, but managed to tear the mesh sleeve off the exhaust flexi, it’s now rolling around the pipe a little further along (I need to remember to get underneath and cut it off!).

Lifting your Panda will make it even more fun for that stuff. It was only when I got to the smallish water dip at the end that I found myself wishing for more ground clearance, and realised I wasn’t going to clear the full length of the lane (only 300m left). I sent my boys in to test the height (pic below) and worried I’d get beached on the raised centre section. Doesn’t look deep here but when they got near the middle it was gonna flood wellies and the grass had started poking up in the middle again.

View attachment 432751

Fortunately the Panda can turn in its own footprint, and heading back down was possibly more challenging than the climb.

Yup - it was a long puddle like that that did for my alternator. Wise move to turn around :)

View attachment 432751

Great fun, no matter. Unfortunately the new suspension will only give 20mm lift as I'm advised that you bugger the geometry with anything greater. I'm sorting wheels and tyres first but here again, you can't move far from stock without hacking out wheel arches, which I don't want to do. Here's my first green lane, Friday evening. My brother's got a dog on his lap!!

Attachments

• VID-20231027-WA0000.mp4
    23.5 MB

Attachments

• 20231101_161520.jpg
    20231101_161520.jpg
    13.3 MB · Views: 72
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back