100_3262.JPG

Panda (Classic) panda 4x4 barn find!

Introduction

heres a few pics of my new 4x4 I spotted it down a drive just down the road from me so I knocked on the door for a chat.... well to cut a long story short money changed hands and I was the owner of a 39,000 mile panda 4x4 totaly rust free including the doors! its been in the family from nearly new has all the hand books and service history even the spare key is unused and still has the code tag on it.
it has a few issues the boot lock does not work and the o/s front wing has a dent in it where it was caught on a caravan it also needs a good clean and polish the wheels need a repaint and are still fitted with pirelli mud and snow tyres (how old!!!!) so will probably need replacing.
I really was not on the lookout for another car but this was far to good to let slip by.
got the wheels back form the painter they are in my mums "freshly painted wheel storage facility":p I told them i wanted them as good on the back as the front he said im a pain in the bottom or something like that.
got home the other day to find the pandas had moved turns out the rendering on the top of our house (right above the panda!) had fell off due to frost and rain it had fell and missed my silver 4x4 by inches it was that close it was touching the wheel:eek: Paula spotted it when she got in from work the rest was looking very loose so she quickley moved them down the garden I looked out this morning and it was like pandas in the mist!

Attachments

• 100_3475.JPG
    100_3475.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_3479.JPG
    100_3479.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 54
Don't you just love newly painted wheels :yum:.

Funny you should be talking about parking, I took a pic of my situation only yesterday :eek:

And that's just the ones outside the workshop. :p

I spy a couple of german origin in there, the scrap price is quite high at the moment:p

Haha, you're nearly right. The white Golf has been dumped there since before I moved in, the sooner it gets scrapped and makes way for a Panda the better.

The Merc has a lovely interior that's destined for my 300TE, it will only get saved if I can be bothered to put my old interior in it and fix the head gasket.

finally got a dry day to fit the cover so gave the car a wash and dry off and fitted the cover its quite a good fit they are not ment to be a tight fit so that air can circulate you get two straps which go under the car and pull tight but they are long enough so that you can throw them under the car without having to crawl about. best get ordering another one for the other 4x4 then:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 100_3512.JPG
    100_3512.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_3511.JPG
    100_3511.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 24
finally got a dry day to fit the cover so gave the car a wash and dry off and fitted the cover its quite a good fit they are not ment to be a tight fit so that air can circulate you get two straps which go under the car and pull tight but they are long enough so that you can throw them under the car without having to crawl about. best get ordering another one for the other 4x4 then:rolleyes:

Have you got a link?

I can't find a cover for the classic panda :(

Plenty for the mk3 though which don't need one ;)

I bought a cover of ebay for my panda when it was outside. I would say it did more harm than good.
the car was sopping wet still, and the moisture got trapped. It also did some funky thing to the roof paint. I would be upset if I wasn't going to spray it anyway

Yes it will damage the paint if you get a cheap one. You don't want something completely waterproof (sounds strange) as it traps the moisture - it needs to breathe & evaporate any dampness - for the same reason you don't want a fully tailored one.

I've just bought an outdoor cover for the Abarth as I won't use it from the end of the month if we get bad weather - just a couple of Panda's over the winter instead! Bought from Hamilton Classics as they are good quality & know what they are doing - I have several of their indoor covers and those are well worth the money (they seem expensive until you see the quality). Link below for anyone interested http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/OutdoorCoverCarBreathableSoft.html They will tell you which size for a Panda if you email them.

Would be interested to hear how the storm force performs over the winter.

Last edited:
Back