Technical Panda 2008 lock barrel

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 2008 lock barrel

zippeyrude

Some scrote had a go at the lock on my 2008 panda.

I'm looking on Amazon / eBay for replacement lock sets.

Does any one have a picture of the barrel so that I can be sure I'm ordering the correct one?

Tia

Some scrote had a go at the lock on my 2008 panda.

I'm looking on Amazon / eBay for replacement lock sets.

Does any one have a picture of the barrel so that I can be sure I'm ordering the correct one?

Tia

Hi 🙂
I am surprised you didn't get a link to old threads as you were typing this..

I will find you a couple 👍

There Is a train of thought that your Airbag lock in the glove box may work as a replacement..

Thanks varesecrazy

I read many links but none showed the shape of the lock itself.

I did find this very helpful video on how to remove the handle and lock barrel:

I've read about the airbag being an option, but also concerned on how to remove this. I cannot see how this can be removed without the inside of the glove box removal?

Any ideas on removal?

The airbag switch can be removed (partially) easily without removal.

I'm guessing the clip might release the barrel?

Not sure if the airbag switch needs to be set to a position for it to be extracted?

The airbag switch can be removed (partially) easily without removal.

I'm guessing the clip might release the barrel?

Not sure if the airbag switch needs to be set to a position for it to be extracted?

Your almost there

If you tilt it just right it comes out with the wires still connected

If you drop the hinge a bit it makes it a bit easier

Last edited:
Your almost there

If you tilt it just right it comes out with the wires still connected

If you drop the hinge a bit it makes it a bit easier

View attachment 433047
very helpful thanks, i did tug a little on the hinge brackets but wasnt sure so didnt want to break it.

do you know if the clip holds the key / lock barrel or the switch together? (i want to avoid pulling that clip and getting the airbag light... )

very helpful thanks, i did tug a little on the hinge brackets but wasnt sure so didnt want to break it.

Don't tug, you have to push them down to unhook them, it was late and dark so not a great video, you can see it better on the left bracket if you change the speed to .5
do you know if the clip holds the key / lock barrel or the switch together? (i want to avoid pulling that clip and getting the airbag light... )
I assume so, I have changed the barrel over, it was many years ago and don't really remember now

Unless you have a way to reset the light you really don't want to trigger a fault

When I fixed mine the error light did not auto clear

You can disconnect the battery, unplug and remove the switch, replace then reconnect the battery without triggering a fault

Last edited:
Don't tug, you have to push them down to unhook them, it was late and dark so not a great video, you can see it better on the left bracket if you change the speed to .5

I assume so, I have changed the barrel over, it was many years ago and don't really remember now

Unless you have a way to reset the light you really don't want to trigger a fault

You can disconnect the battery, unplug and remove the switch, replace then reconnect the battery without triggering a fault
I have mot tomorrow, so will do this after, in case i trigger airbag light and fail MOT!

Will update the thread.

I have mot tomorrow, so will do this after, in case i trigger airbag light and fail MOT!

Will update the thread.

panda lock0.jpg
panda lock.jpg

confirmed, the airbag lock barrel can be used.

difficulty > easy
time > 1 hour

Back