General No new GP 1.2 ?

Currently reading:
General No new GP 1.2 ?

Okay, so the 1.2 isn't exciting but some of us just want a car to look ok,be cheap to run (45mpg) and be a reasonable price. My 1.2 DUB was just over £8k new but the 1.4 lists over £1500 more and in the real world won't get me to work quicker ! Maybe Fiat are pushing us tight wads toward a Panda and trying to move GP up half a class level ? Panda ugly fecker though (very) lol !

People are exagerating this too much. It's fine.

I had to commute 60 miles every day for 2 weeks in mine, and the only downside was the seating position not being too good. Fuel economy was excellent and it was suprising good at 80mph+

Got out of a 1.9 eleganza and straight back into my 1.2 after a test drive and it didnt feel "slow".

If you want slow, try driving the 1.0 12v engine in the New Corsa. 0-60 in 16.9 seconds. If you want slower still, try a Panda 4x4.

The 1.2 8v and 1.4 8v basically the same engine anyway, but confusion comes when you have the option of the 1.4 16v AND 1.4 8v active sport. Someone on this site has already been sold an 8v when they were told it was a 16.

I have a 1.9 Elegenza and confirm that the 1.2 is incredibly slow compared. I felt like I was constantly flooring it all the time. It really struggled. It is a smooth engine and quiet though. In the 1.2's defence, I also had a 1.4 8v 75hp Pug 207 courtesy car. That was just as bad, to slow to drive 'safely' I also hired a vauxhall corsa 1.4 90bhp, that is a terrible engine in that car, also very slow, and dosnt compare to the the star jet 1.4 95bhp. Lower model cars will be a lot slower.

the interior is tacky compared to the sporting, the steering wheel, hand brake and gear knob is so plastic and horrid it can give you blisters! The seats let you roll out of the car when you turn corners, are you joking Mark?

For one, i dont have an active, so i have a leather wheel and gear knob and i have a nice blue interior which is in no way tacky like the active. Secondly, yes there is a lot of body roll...well not anymore coz my eibachs have come!! :D But in comparasin with other cars in the class, it is the best option, its by miles the cheapest and i personally thought the nicest to drive.

Once you go for a bigger engine you never go back. Calm down :p

You sound like my mum! Lmao.

That may be true...but i'm really not fussed bout going fast really, all i want is a car that looks nice. Is comfortable to drive, and that is reasonably economical...but then again i am a bit of a grandad lol

I get better MPG in my 1.9 diesel than i did in that 1.2 petrol! Thats another reason!

Being able to overtake someone, having the power to get you out of a bad situation.

Not being laughed at aswell in the main criteria.

Tis alright if your income is the dole and you can't afford anything bigger, but if you got a decent job, your 18 and you have no house or any kids or responsibilities to pay for, why not spend it on a decent car that makes you smile everywhere you go!

I'm a car enthusiast, i love driving! :)

Quick question Tym...what's this good job in worksop you've...i cant find work anywhere in the place!!! doin my head in coz i need to earn some money before uni in september

I'm that used to bein in peoples rear view mirror these days i genuinely couldnt care less lol

I get better MPG in my 1.9 diesel than i did in that 1.2 petrol! Thats another reason!

Being able to overtake someone, having the power to get you out of a bad situation.

Not being laughed at aswell in the main criteria.

Tis alright if your income is the dole and you can't afford anything bigger, but if you got a decent job, your 18 and you have no house or any kids or responsibilities to pay for, why not spend it on a decent car that makes you smile everywhere you go!

Bad crack. You have one valid excuse, economy. But the 1.3 does more than yours so :cool: And if you were on the dole, I pretty sure you couldnt afford to run a car

Not being laughed at.... do you have utter bellends for friends like?

I love driving, big woop, wanna fight about it :p

Obviously cant be true otherwise you wouldnt of bought a derv.

Think he just likes the tractor noise :p

So your saying my 1.9 is slow?? :eek: !!!

Theres no jobs in worksop, full stop. Don't bother looking lol :p

And my friends are good friends actually, don't see how that has to do with anything?

Someone laughs at it being a derv at a junction and then thinks "wtf is under that" when they see me in the distance and there changing up to 2nd gear.

It's a sleeper!

And i type by putting my fingers onto the keyboard and hitting the keys, amazing eh ;)

Last edited:
So your saying my 1.9 is slow?? :eek: !!!

Theres no jobs in worksop, full stop. Don't bother looking lol :p

And my friends are good friends actually, don't see how that has to do with anything?

Someone laughs at it being a derv at a junction and then thinks "wtf is under that" when they see me in the distance and there changing up to 2nd gear.

It's a sleeper!

And i type by putting my fingers onto the keyboard and hitting the keys, amazing eh ;)

Where did I say it was slow? I'd happily admit I would own one.

So who would laugh at your for having a 1.2?

All about speed. Your worse than Matt

yes, i love speed :(

And your saying it's slow by saying i talk out of my "arse" (which in theory is impossible) targetted at the part where i said "no ones laughing when your in my rear view mirror."

By saying that you have tried to point out that it's slow.

And i can't be worse than matty boy! he's uber cool :D

yes, i love speed :(

And your saying it's slow by saying i talk out of my "arse" (which in theory is impossible) targetted at the part where i said "no ones laughing when your in my rear view mirror."

By saying that you have tried to point out that it's slow.

And i can't be worse than matty boy! he's uber cool :D

Na talking out your arse, as in its all about the speed. No common sense for people who dont care! I bet your gutted when a Golf GTi pulls up next t you arent you :p

Back