General New to GP

Currently reading:
General New to GP

Hi all,

New into your GP section having acquired an 09 reg 3 door 75hp multijet GP.

By no means new to FIAT having passed my driving test in an Uno, owned 7 Uno's, a brava, a seicento, a 127 and 3 panda with the Mrs also having her fair share over the years... I'm kind of brand locked now but im ok with that if you are.

Usual new car servicing to follow...

Oil & oil filter
Air filter
Coolant renew
Transmission oil
Fuel filter
Brake fluid.
2 tyres as perished is an understatement.(good excuse to get Avons.

No pollen filter as no air con i guess?

Got a few bits and pieces to find & figure.....
Air filter housing as lots of the cover missing
Rear badge as boot lock not working & plastic cover missing
A jack (got the handle & rest of the bits & soare wheel).
Passenger front seat not tipping.
No spare key
What phone holder works well
Work out what sounds normal for the GP at 70. Don't sound like the panda. More truck like id say.
Read that new fault code with mes.
Find out if Haynes made a hardcopy for Multijet Grande Punto.
Find out if e-learn cd exists for GP.

Anyway sure I'll be using the search button plenty.. good to be back in a multijet. That twinair got to go as I'm not impressed by the drinking problem

The rumble is not wheel bearings or binding brakes nor lose wheel bolts.

If anything the front wheels were the tightest I've known. Had to stand on the end of a breaker bar to crack a few wheel bolts & they had been off not so long ago for tyres, discs & padd.

Maybe someone mixed up hubnut torque settings with wheel bolts

Looks like it's had a diff seal oil leak at some point so maybe no transmission oil left. Will find out tomorrow when transmission oil lands as it's an odd grade not stocked in local motor factors.

Found a strange lump under rear carpet & made a clunk sound. Was hoping a torque wrench or something decent.

Took out small section of rear bench & this was under the carpet & sound proofing.

IMG_20230621_222457016.jpg

Asked the guy who sold me the car if he needed it back & he had no idea.

Maybe it's a part of the Grande Punto factory & been stuck under the carpet since 2009 lol.

Back