Technical Help debug transmission switching to neutral

Currently reading:
Technical Help debug transmission switching to neutral

charliefd

Fellow Fiat enthusiasts, I really hope you can give me some advice on how to fix my red Grande Punto with a robotic/servo gear transmission I believe is called Dualogic (Marelli Selespeed CFC328 ?). The problem I'm experiencing is that it jumps to neutral under certain conditions. It drives fine otherwise!

Here's what I know so far:

- it drives ok and changes fine

- it stays in gear when I'm at a stop with my foot on the brake

- it also stays in gear if I'm rolling quickly after a standstill, i.e. move my foot quickly from the break to the accelerator pedal to get the wheels rolling within 2-3 seconds after lifting from the brake. Otherwise:

- it will beeep and switch to neutral after just a few seconds of lifting my food from the brake pedal!

I've noticed this will not happen always and I linked it to opening the driver door AFTER starting the engine. Makes sense? Maybe .. there is a fault code regarding the driver door and the transmission but I couldn't find anything wrong with the switch itself (tried a new door latch - same behavior, tried with the door wiring disconnected from the A pillar - same behavior!). The wiring from the door had a couple thin wires that I found broken and I fixed but the errors and the behavior remained.

The codes I was able to read:

P1215 Front driver door (from CAN)
P1215-79 Driver Door Switch from wire - Mechanical LINkage Failure

P0856 Vdc messages (from CAN)
P0856-81 Brake System Control Module (BSM) Gearshift - Invalid Serial Data Received

B1041 Door Status Duplication for Robotised Gearbox
B1041-19 Driver Door Ajar to MTA (Manual Transmission Automatic or Robotig Gear) - Circuit Current Above Threshold

Any advice will be very much appreciated!

Back