Moving to the West-Midlands (boy racer heaven)

Currently reading:
Moving to the West-Midlands (boy racer heaven)

I'll be moving to the west-midlands soon to be with my fiancee which is really good as long as she don't ruin my life in a few years time! lol

I have found that the West-Midlands is just a pure boy racer heaven, you can't drive anywhere without everyone (including old ladies) trying to race you everywhere!!

Modified cars everywhere you look... shameless exhausts popping about... I swear the police up there practice with boy racers to fine tune their driving skills!

I'll be moving to the west-midlands soon to be with my fiancee which is really good as long as she don't ruin my life in a few years time! lol

I have found that the West-Midlands is just a pure boy racer heaven, you can't drive anywhere without everyone (including old ladies) trying to race you everywhere!!

Modified cars everywhere you look... shameless exhausts popping about... I swear the police up there practice with boy racers to fine tune their driving skills!

another southener moving to the midlands, i originate from canvey in essex, but i live near peterborugh now, which is east midlands. you should check out the east midlands, alot better place (y)

I don't mind checking out "Da East-Side" pttshh ("West-Side is da best... East-Side is da best!!")

You still got your southern accent? I'm determined not to loose mine lol

I don't mind checking out "Da East-Side" pttshh ("West-Side is da best... East-Side is da best!!")

You still got your southern accent? I'm determined not to loose mine lol

lol, the east side mainly has fields and farms. the cities/big towns are nothing on the scale of coventry/birmingham/wolverhampton. its a quieter way of life on the east lol.
yeah still have mine, i keep telling everyone here in lincolnshire they talk wrong :), and cant pronounce words. i dont want to lose my southern accent either tbh, in a way its part of who i am

lol, the east side mainly has fields and farms. the cities/big towns are nothing on the scale of coventry/birmingham/wolverhampton. its a quieter way of life on the east lol.
yeah still have mine, i keep telling everyone here in lincolnshire they talk wrong :), and cant pronounce words. i dont want to lose my southern accent either tbh, in a way its part of who i am
Yep exactly... its part of who I am thats how I see it, I have joked about streaming live audio of bus stops in my home town so as to keep my accent as fresh as possible lol

For some reason, I find it confusing when my fiancee's family speak about "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Supper"... they say "Breakfast, Dinner (as lunch), Tea (as Dinner)"... and Supper is just used as an afternoon munch lol

I'm looking for work atm as an Electrical Engineer which may need to spread into your way. Good MPG is what i'm getting really interested in thanks to this lol

Yep exactly... its part of who I am thats how I see it, I have joked about streaming live audio of bus stops in my home town so as to keep my accent as fresh as possible lol

For some reason, I find it confusing when my fiancee's family speak about "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Supper"... they say "Breakfast, Dinner (as lunch), Tea (as Dinner)"... and Supper is just used as an afternoon munch lol

I'm looking for work atm as an Electrical Engineer which may need to spread into your way. Good MPG is what i'm getting really interested in thanks to this lol

haha yeah, i say breakfast, lunch and dinner, and everyone here seems to say breakfast dinner and tea. strange how different regions have different dialects and accents etc etc.
electrical engineer? im a qualified electrician lol, though not in that trade now. i think there are electrical engineering companies this way, il keep an eye out, and let you know if i see/remember any (y)

Nothing to fine tune tbh majority of them can't drive for s***.
correct... but you can't fine tune your skills if your battling against people who give up at the sound of sirens

Heh, i moved from Norwich to York and after 10 years i have some weird combo accent. Its funny cus i say local slang in a non heavy yorkshire accent :p Some people just look at me confused.
lol I get confused looks just by speaking with a southern accent in a queue... like "oooh, this pidgeon is WAY off course"
Local slang picked up so far.... "Cob's" instead of "Bun's, or Roll's". I mean come on seriously I didnt know "Cob" was "Bun" when everyone laughed lol

Where abouts in the Midlands you moving to?

Well I'll be moving to Brierley hill... basically directly next to the Merry Hill centre. Sunday and Tuesday night's are boy racer night's where you can hear the constant grumble of cars wheel spinning around sumwhere and racing at all the traffic lights.

lol i'll love to know what your view of southern regions are :ROFLMAO:

Back