job swap ideas on getting out

Currently reading:
job swap ideas on getting out

szczypek666

ive worked in the same job for 3 and a half years, today my boss seriosly ****ed me off and then a better job came up but they need me to start in the next few days but im surposed to give a months notice to leave
i dunno what to do .................................ideas:bang:

Take the better job and then just don't turn up to your old job.... but only if you NEVER want to go back there again! lol

its basicly doing the same job at a different place getting paid more and getting a more relaxed atmosphere its within motorsport so every ones busy

i know most ot the ppl at the other 1 the moneys much better and its the same job i wanna go its just geting out of the other

If they're serious about wanting to employ you then they'll respect the fact that you tell them you're on a month notice. After all thet should be after a responsible employee who takes his responsibilities and commitments seriously. If you give them the impression you just walk out on your current employer, then they'll assume the same fate can befall them.

If they don't respect that, don't even consider working for them.

ive worked in the same job for 3 and a half years, today my boss seriosly ****ed me off and then a better job came up but they need me to start in the next few days but im surposed to give a months notice to leave
i dunno what to do .................................ideas:bang:

If they're serious about wanting to employ you then they'll respect the fact that you tell them you're on a month notice. After all thet should be after a responsible employee who takes his responsibilities and commitments seriously. If you give them the impression you just walk out on your current employer, then they'll assume the same fate can befall them.

Very well put Fivehundred. Sczwotsit666, You may get more respect from your new employer if you can show that you won't leave your current employer in the lurch even though you've got a better offer. Do also remember that you have a contract with your employer and you may be in breach of that if you just leave without notice.

Ask the new employers to wait until you get released from your current position. If they really want you then they will be happy to wait a bit longer and they'll probably respect you for being an honest and upstanding employee (y)

i just changed jobs at christmas because my last one was getting me down, my boss was on my back all the time. it made me moody at home as well, i had worked there for just over 7 years. you should take the new job, i am alot happier in my new job and it shows big time at home.:)

Any prospective employer should assume at least a month for a notice period. If your new job is with a 'competitor' to your current company, you may be asked to leave the building as soon as you hand in your notice - industrial espionage and all that.

Just waive your right to a notice period and ask to leave immediately. Most employers will have no problem if you explain things properly

:yeahthat: i was gonna sugest the same. I left my job once, bloomin hated it there, Mum said dont burn your bridges, so i didnt and left being all nice etc ..even got pressies!:D then after testing if the grass was greener, found out it wasnt and was extreamly greatful to get my old job back:) it wasnt so bad after all

Employment contracts work both ways ie. for you and for your employers benefit. If you walk out without giving the required notice or without reaching a mutual agreement you are breaching it and technicaly breaking a civil law. Put simply the upshot of this is that your employer can sue you for any costs or inconveniences your premature depature may cause them.

Back