Hi Guys will a 2010 panda rear door locking mechanism fit a 2017 panda?

Currently reading:
Hi Guys will a 2010 panda rear door locking mechanism fit a 2017 panda?

Not easy to tell. ePER only goes to Panda's to year 2012.....

The 2010 and 2012 Pandas appear to use the same locking mecanism. Note there are two types. One for central locking and one for manual locking.

You could phone a dealer and ask as they will have the most up to date information.

I would suggest that dealerships are getting a bit funny about giving part numbers out now, probably because people use them to get part numbers and then buy used parts online.

I had a recent experience where I wanted a part, it was not in stock and had a considerable back order and still they would not give me the part number or allow me to order the part even on back order which was just a dick move all round… ‘no you can’t order the part and no I won’t give you the part numbers so you can at least try and find it else where’

I would suggest that dealerships are getting a bit funny about giving part numbers out now, probably because people use them to get part numbers and then buy used parts online.

I had a recent experience where I wanted a part, it was not in stock and had a considerable back order and still they would not give me the part number or allow me to order the part even on back order which was just a dick move all round… ‘no you can’t order the part and no I won’t give you the part numbers so you can at least try and find it else where’
Its about time public access to parts system was made mandatory even if for a small fee e.g £2 for 24h access

Thankfully I've not had a problem with getting P/Ns from my two contacts. That said I've not tried recently (last year or so) and one of the parts managers was at a Fiat dealership that is now only second hand sales only so they may have dropped/lost their parts interface with Fiat.

Its about time public access to parts system was made mandatory even if for a small fee e.g £2 for 24h access
Well with Fiat you can but there are hoops to jump through. You can get daily access to repair/workshop manuals. No looked with regards to parts recently but do recall annual subscription was over £1000 PA. This is probably why dealers are reluctant to give out part numbers. They want to sell you a part at Fiat Retail prices taling their cut in the process. You can sort of understand this but there is also the "good customer" / customer relations that the dealer should be thinking about. Being nice and giving you a part number is probably going to make the customer more favourable to their dealership. Telling you no and to effectively p off will not go down well.

Back