General Fiat 500 Cha Cha Azzure with Cream Leather Interior

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Cha Cha Azzure with Cream Leather Interior

You have great taste! The tan leather aswell, I would love that but definately can't afford. Do you have the alloys? I'm unsure whether to go for them as to me a wheel trim is a wheel trim. Ha!

Gee thanks!:eek::)

No I don't have alloys, I have the standard steel wheels that come with the Pop, but with the vintage wheel trims added (just stuck over the same wheels), though to be honest those were very much an afterthought and I actually think the ordinary Pop trims look just as good.
I'm with you on 'a wheel trim is a wheel trim', but alloys are actual different wheels rather than a wheel trim (something stuck on).

I'm not that bothered about alloys, I think the car looks good with or without them. And bear in mind that any model of 500 can have different wheels put on it at a later date (alloys or not).

As I understand it from discussion on this forum the 14inch wheels that come with the Pop generally provide a smoother ride (?) I'm ready to stand corrected if this isn't right! and they grip better in snowy conditions (probably not a big concern but hey, it's all good!).

I'm ready to be shot down in flames here but I get the impression that insurers generally consider cars without alloys to be a lesser insurance risk. Perhaps it depends on whether they're added afterwards or not. These days alloys seem more ubiquitous on cars generally so perhaps its not an issue.

I think it helps to remember to choose what you genuinely prefer and though its good to be as informed as possible when it comes to such a big purchase - it's best to not get too worried about resale values etc unless you really think you'll be selling it on soon. I generally think 'if I like it, so will someone else', rather than worry too much about what's a popular choice. Good luck again!

Last edited:
But you did say that ANY dealer would put alloys onto a Pop before selling it, which is certainly not my experience and certainly does not seem to be the case judging by a search on the Fiat website or Autotrader - plenty of Pops changing hands with steelies (probably because of people like Rachel who love the 500 shape {not the Panda's though} but do not even notice the wheels. These sort of people are called "women".

Yeah, until I went on this forum I was blissfully unaware of what an alloy wheel was. They're just wheels – meh.

Hi guys, yes the answers on here have been really helpful, to 'upgrade' to the lounge is £2,000 on top of the cost price for the POP and at least £300 a year more to insure which being a 21 year old in a not fantastic postcode I'm already looking at just short of £800 to insure a POP.

I appreciate the people telling me to go for the Panda, but I'm afraid if I'm going to go for a brand new car I'm going to get something I want. Perhaps call me superficial, but I would much prefer to be driving around in a pretty little 500 than a Panda.

I am definately going to go for the PCP with the thinking I will take out a loan in 3 years to pay my balloon payment. I'm going to leave off the alloys and take the risk that when I come to sell, there will too be another woman like me who a wheel trim is a wheel trim to.

I have used the Configurator on the Fiat website and for the POP with the Volare Blue, Ivory Ambience, Blue & Me, Leather Steering Wheel, & Leather Gear Stick is £10,385 which is still less than the Lounge and around £800 to insure.

I spoke to a salesman from a garage last night and he didn't seem to think I would have any problems in getting finance on a 500 POP for £130 a month with minimal deposit. The only thing he did say was to definately not hand the car back after the 3 years because Fiat 'guarantee' that after 3 years their valuation is what the car is worth, I'm looking at around £3,500-£4,000 but if you look on the internet at 3 year old 500's they are selling for £6,000+ so in effect I would just be giving the finance company £2,500 for nothing! Please correct this if anybody disagrees.

Sorry for the essay, thanks for reading if you're all still awake after this amount of text!

You have absolutely done the right thing and I applaud you! (y):)

Hi LilRachiebaby89.

Not sure whereabouts in West Yorkshire you are, but I'd recommend a visit to Clemo Fiat in Cleckheaton. I got both my current and previous Fiat 500s from them. The sales guy I dealt with called Keith is pretty knowledgeable and not at all pushy, and the service team lads have almost always been helpful and great to deal with. They've also got a Volare blue Twin Air Pop in, so at least you could see the Volare blue Pop in the flesh, and as I recall, it has the light coloured interior. My new 500 is Volare Blue, and it really is a fab colour IMO, and I've had quite few positive comments about the colour in the 2 weeks I've had Enzo. Anyway, I hope you get the 500 of your dreams.:)

Hi LilRachiebaby89.

Not sure whereabouts in West Yorkshire you are, but I'd recommend a visit to Clemo Fiat in Cleckheaton. I got both my current and previous Fiat 500s from them. The sales guy I dealt with called Keith is pretty knowledgeable and not at all pushy, and the service team lads have almost always been helpful and great to deal with. They've also got a Volare blue Twin Air Pop in, so at least you could see the Volare blue Pop in the flesh, and as I recall, it has the light coloured interior. My new 500 is Volare Blue, and it really is a fab colour IMO, and I've had quite few positive comments about the colour in the 2 weeks I've had Enzo. Anyway, I hope you get the 500 of your dreams.:)

Hi Littala, that is where I have an appointment tomorrow morning. My friend actually works there and I am seeing Keith, I will look forward to seeing the Volare Blue then and am glad to hear they are not pushy :) I'm so excited. And thankyou. Which model of the 500 did you end up getting from them? Do you live near Cleckheaton or did you travel for miles because that garage was cheapest if you don't mind me asking.

Hi Littala, that is where I have an appointment tomorrow morning. My friend actually works there and I am seeing Keith, I will look forward to seeing the Volare Blue then and am glad to hear they are not pushy :) I'm so excited. And thankyou. Which model of the 500 did you end up getting from them? Do you live near Cleckheaton or did you travel for miles because that garage was cheapest if you don't mind me asking.

Hi LilRachieBaby89.
I went for another 1.4 Sport, but in Volare Blue with a white side stripe and black leather interior and a few other extras. The old 500 'Bepe' was in bright red with red leather and that was an 08 plate, and is currently up for sale on Clemo's forecourt, after 3 happy years together. We live in Brighouse, so Clemo is our nearest Fiat dealership. We've been 99% happy with Clemo so far. Say 'Hi' to Keith for me and I hope it goes well tomorrow, let us know. ps, I've posted some photos of 'Enzo' the new 500, on Members Motors, if you want to see another Volare Blue one. Brian

Hi LilRachieBaby89.
I went for another 1.4 Sport, but in Volare Blue with a white side stripe and black leather interior and a few other extras. The old 500 'Bepe' was in bright red with red leather and that was an 08 plate, and is currently up for sale on Clemo's forecourt, after 3 happy years together. We live in Brighouse, so Clemo is our nearest Fiat dealership. We've been 99% happy with Clemo so far. Say 'Hi' to Keith for me and I hope it goes well tomorrow, let us know. ps, I've posted some photos of 'Enzo' the new 500, on Members Motors, if you want to see another Volare Blue one. Brian

I have been in and met Keith today, he was a very nice man and like you say not pushy. I've decided to go for the Bossa Nova White after all. I live in Cleckheaton so Clemo is also my nearest Fiat dealership. I have had a dealer call me from Blackburn aswell who keeps saying he will give me a better deal than Clemo so I'm just in the process of bartering! How cheeky! Yes I saw your photos of 'Enzo' after I asked what you'd gone for I was flicking through members motors and found him.

I have to ask - its for the TwinAir Newbie. What will you be calling yourself in a year or two's time ? :)
I was down with a dealer 2 months ago and his name was X junior and he was in his late 40's. He could never lose the 'Junior' because his father had always owned and 'ran' the garage. (Harmonstown Motors)

The thought has crossed my mind! :D

TwinAir Oldie (but a goodie)? :p

I have been in and met Keith today, he was a very nice man and like you say not pushy. I've decided to go for the Bossa Nova White after all. I live in Cleckheaton so Clemo is also my nearest Fiat dealership. I have had a dealer call me from Blackburn aswell who keeps saying he will give me a better deal than Clemo so I'm just in the process of bartering! How cheeky! Yes I saw your photos of 'Enzo' after I asked what you'd gone for I was flicking through members motors and found him.

Hopefully Clemo can match what the Blackburn dealer can do for you. Did you go for a test drive at Clemo?

That's good.(y) Have you gone for the 1.2 Pop in Bossanova white?

I hope my old Bepe was nice and shiney ready to be sold. Clemo have it up for sale at £9k, which is £1500 more than they gave me for it in part ex.

Will you be getting your new 500 delivered early August/late July?

Yes 1.2 Pop in Bossanova White. I see them everywhere now I want one haha I thought there were hardly any on the roads round here. That's a nice little profit for them on your old Bepe.

He said he will ring me tomorrow with a better idea of how many weeks it will be until mine arrives, as he's hoping to get hold of one that is in the factory now and change it to my spec i think is what he was telling me.

I'm not too bothered though as I need to save my deposit in that time so I would rather 12 weeks than 8. I only ordered today because I got a good part ex for my 10 year old peugeot, he said the MOT on it saved it because it was only done last month, he said if I went back in a couple of months he might only be able to give me half of what hes offering now for the Peugeot, so I ordered and am on 'supersave' mission for a few weeks haha.

How long did you wait for yours?

Yes 1.2 Pop in Bossanova White. I see them everywhere now I want one haha I thought there were hardly any on the roads round here. That's a nice little profit for them on your old Bepe.

He said he will ring me tomorrow with a better idea of how many weeks it will be until mine arrives, as he's hoping to get hold of one that is in the factory now and change it to my spec i think is what he was telling me.

I'm not too bothered though as I need to save my deposit in that time so I would rather 12 weeks than 8. I only ordered today because I got a good part ex for my 10 year old peugeot, he said the MOT on it saved it because it was only done last month, he said if I went back in a couple of months he might only be able to give me half of what hes offering now for the Peugeot, so I ordered and am on 'supersave' mission for a few weeks haha.

How long did you wait for yours?

I ordered Bepe on 22 January 2008 and picked him up on 2 April 2008. I ordered Enzo on 29 January this year and picked him up on 19 April, so both times the wait was actually a bit less than the 12 weeks Clemo estimated.

Did you go for any options or accessories?

A friend of ours, Vicar Dave, recently got a brand new Pasadoble red 1.2 Pop from Clemo (end of last year I think), but his only took 8 weeks, and a colleague of mine got her 500C 1.2 Pop in metallic grey from there too, but hers took 15 weeks to arrive. (or it might be the other way 'round), but they are both well pleased with their cars.

I ordered Bepe on 22 January 2008 and picked him up on 2 April 2008. I ordered Enzo on 29 January this year and picked him up on 19 April, so both times the wait was actually a bit less than the 12 weeks Clemo estimated.

Did you go for any options or accessories?

A friend of ours, Vicar Dave, recently got a brand new Pasadoble red 1.2 Pop from Clemo (end of last year I think), but his only took 8 weeks, and a colleague of mine got her 500C 1.2 Pop in metallic grey from there too, but hers took 15 weeks to arrive. (or it might be the other way 'round), but they are both well pleased with their cars.

Well I'm kind of hoping for the 12 weeks even though I can't wait to get it. I added the chrome kit, leather gear stick, blue & me & leather wheel :) oh and the side strip with 500 logo

Last edited:
Well I'm kind of hoping for the 12 weeks even though I can't wait to get it. I added the chrome kit, leather gear stick, blue & me & leather wheel :) oh and the side strip with 500 logo

Congrats on the new order (y). Nice spec.
You don't hang around !
Noticed a mention somewhere about the leather knob - the gaiter is also changed to the white/cream leather.
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/269315-i-want-white-knob.html
post #12
shows where you can get it a few bob ! cheaper - apparently it's not too difficult to change if you or a friend is 'handy'.

Did you keep within budget on the extra bits ?

Congrats on the new order (y). Nice spec.
You don't hang around !
Noticed a mention somewhere about the leather knob - the gaiter is also changed to the white/cream leather.
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/269315-i-want-white-knob.html
post #12
shows where you can get it a few bob ! cheaper - apparently it's not too difficult to change if you or a friend is 'handy'.

Did you keep within budget on the extra bits ?

Omg I've just followed that link you sent, on there the gaiter is black and the gear stick is white :S but i didn't realise, does it cover up your gear numbers? Or am I being silly? I think I would prefer to be able to see the gears lol

Yes I kept within budget on the extras :) would've liked the glass roof but can't have everything :s

Back