General Fiat 500 family

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 family

DanG1989

hi, today I bought my daughter her first car 2014 plate fiat 500 s, love the car but can’t get the blue and me to work. Tried putting my USB cable for iPhone 15 into blue and me usb slot but won’t fit.

Any suggestions would be helpful please

Hello,

Have you checked in the owner's manual how to get the blue and me to work?

There are different types of USB cables and sockets:

1711324446249.png

The socket in the car is top left, USB Type A. Does the iPhone cable has this type of plug on one end? Or it has the USB Type C?
If it has a Type A plug and it doesn't fit, there is definitely something in the socket.

Kind of yes, need to have a proper look and also the odometer is flashing and everywhere I read they are both linked

Honestly rip out the radio and disconnect the Bluetooth module install a aftermarket radio using a fascia plate, yes will need proxi alignment to stop the mileage flashing, even when it works don't expect the connection to provide even the most basic functions

Honestly rip out the radio and disconnect the Bluetooth module install a aftermarket radio using a fascia plate, yes will need proxi alignment to stop the mileage flashing, even when it works don't expect the connection to provide even the most basic functions
Was offered that today, gave to my mate whose deals in fiats and he going to change the blue and me if gets too expensive he said take it out and he can overide it so odemetre stops flashing, but then we have no Bluetooth through radio

Was offered that today, gave to my mate whose deals in fiats and he going to change the blue and me if gets too expensive he said take it out and he can overide it so odemetre stops flashing, but then we have no Bluetooth through radio
Even when the Bluetooth works the connectivity especially with IPhone sucks honestly don't bother replacing the module, spend the money on a aftermarket head unit that will give vastly better performance for about £100

Even when the Bluetooth works the connectivity especially with IPhone sucks honestly don't bother replacing the module, spend the money on a aftermarket head unit that will give vastly better performance for about £100
Thanks John can you suggest one to look at, she has a 2014 500s

Thanks John can you suggest one to look at, she has a 2014 500s
Something like this, has everything she'll need inc. DAB ( inc. ant, ) illumination colour can be matched to the car
may require an interface for steering controls phone before ordering if fitted
facia plate https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181927491638?fits=Car+Make:Fiat&itmmeta=01HSYAN2N95C62KRKSJRKE303D&hash=item2a5bb93836:g:fq0AAOSwim5hcXhS&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4KAYLL4yfSyrQU+R4wMQW1wAXSmjR4Eo+n8V083h/mallv1O1b4eEbO7t4ggL2zjPQjcib3RPNV7y+po1uHyzgTrmWFrL13Dx0c+/r4I7UNvlXAR8iQ/FcRMPQJYl7rBab6x/BZH++VhO7tnJ0+lD2kKBjZpM8yFQ1/JjoTH2Z/LaJ/JWFu0hDV4IM97kzuWxgpI7Ig9v9Qg5dSKnEZMLTQyEvDvYLBzlBv4T8Put8NfpnsPkGJpxCEpyxrnZR8mwk2KfZ7ZN2vo7v55V41fezrtHaWoEDWrMszjCDJD9NAs|tkp:BFBM7KrUys9j

I've just seen the above has digital time alignment, its a really cool feature if stereo imagining is important, perhaps not for your daughter?
As you adjust the settings its like picking up the speaker and moving it around until you're sitting exactly in-between the the 4 speakers?
Look at the specifications there is so much you wouldn't believe just how sophisticated it is

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back