Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

Currently reading:
Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

Congratulations! Make sure the offer of a free service is in writing so they don't cheat you out of that as well.

I hope you enjoy your next few years of driving until you leave fiat.

Yes it's all in writing!!! That's the one thing I have insisted upon all the way through and would encourage EVERYBODY to do (along with keeping written notes of every phone call made).

Thank God. The more I saw new posts, the worse I felt. Especially having said you were one of the lucky ones in a previous post. Maybe you are, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it from where I'm sitting now, and I highly doubt it does from your position either! :( Fiat must waste literally thousands in goodwill to offset the cr*p they put people through - free service here, accessory voucher there. Why not just be competent in the first place? It beats me!

The one thing I'm glad about is how Pewsham Garages have dealt with things. I've always found them great to deal with. No frills, no bulls*it, just decent honest workmanship. Although I don't have the Fiat now, my Alfa would've gone to them for its service had Alfa UK not said 'only an Alfa dealer can cash in your service vouchers'. Luckily I found a decent Alfa dealer, but that's another story.

I got a bit of a sense of the frustration of Fiat when I worked at a Fiat dealer (not Pewsham), but this sort of saga helps you to realise why there's been a recent spate of Alfa dealers in particular, closing down or getting rid of the franchise - Fiat/Alfa UK seem pretty much as bad towards dealership relations as they are with customer relations.

Anyway best of luck for Saturday, lets hope the new 500 meets your expectations, and if nothing else, at least you've found a dealership who can competently service the thing, if you don't mind a drive up the M4 to get to them :)

Just picked up a 2015 1.2 punto courtesy car, and it struggles with hills and has a lack of power under 2k revs. Not quite as bad as the 500 though

It's definitely slower than the 500. But it acted the same as our 500 on the same hill, presume it's the same engine?

Anyway I've been told the update for my car is on its way but has not yet been released by Fiat. Should I ring Fiat CS before collecting?

Congratulations to ab4444 and hope the saturday pick up goes well. It is because of your treatment and to others by Fiat that when I replaced my 500 in April I changed to Honda. Any way well done ab4444

Thank you, Metro. And yes, without exception, EVERYBODY that I have spoken to about my case have been left speechless.

The worrying thing for me is that Fiat are continuing this behaviour every day to many, many customers. This needs to stop and they should be exposed. I cannot believe that their actions are lawful. They were certainly acting with negligence in my situation (as per my legal advice).

I will be moving to a different brand of car when the time is right. Until then, I will do my upmost to move on from this terrible episode and try to bond with my new little car. I'll pop a picture on here with me collecting her tomorrow to prove that it's actually happened!

And please - anyone that wants to touch base with me privately for any advice or guidance (excluding legal information; I am NOT a solicitor) - do!

Further to my last post. Our car has had the supposed software fix installed to our ESC equipped Euro 6 car. There was a lengthy delay between the latter fix and the non ESC fix coming out. They rang us on May 19th to say it was available (at the same time as reneging on new build twinair car). Anyway, after trying it yesterday on the same hills IT DOES NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. It still bogs down (revs drop of car's accord) as and after moving away. Still nothing like the straightforward fuss free get away on same hill with their own 2013 1.2 and 2015 twinair. Even the dealer's senior mechanic who accompanied me agreed it was not right. We had hoped, given Fiat UK assurances that they were completely confident this was going to resolve things, that this was going to be the end of it but dealer says that's it, nothing more, end of the road, give us our loan car back as you now have it without our consent and that will be serious, inferring them or police coming to house to get it. This was backed up by his call to the same person, Kaye Seaton, at Fiat UK, who, when we telephoned her later that day, mysteriously had become no longer involved in the case, speak to Fiat Italy.
To be continued therefore. In meantime, I would really appreciate anyone's experience of the success or otherwise of the ESC update to their car. This was an update that they originally told BBC Watchdog was not even needed for the ESC equipped car. Then they said it was, then it took many months later to be released, they have had our car for nigh on 5 months, and now, when finally released, it doesn't even resolve it !! Aaaaaargh !!!!

Further to my last post. Our car has had the supposed software fix installed to our ESC equipped Euro 6 car. There was a lengthy delay between the latter fix and the non ESC fix coming out. They rang us on May 19th to say it was available (at the same time as reneging on new build twinair car). Anyway, after trying it yesterday on the same hills IT DOES NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. It still bogs down (revs drop of car's accord) as and after moving away. Still nothing like the straightforward fuss free get away on same hill with their own 2013 1.2 and 2015 twinair. Even the dealer's senior mechanic who accompanied me agreed it was not right. We had hoped, given Fiat UK assurances that they were completely confident this was going to resolve things, that this was going to be the end of it but dealer says that's it, nothing more, end of the road, give us our loan car back as you now have it without our consent and that will be serious, inferring them or police coming to house to get it. This was backed up by his call to the same person, Kaye Seaton, at Fiat UK, who, when we telephoned her later that day, mysteriously had become no longer involved in the case, speak to Fiat Italy.
To be continued therefore. In meantime, I would really appreciate anyone's experience of the success or otherwise of the ESC update to their car. This was an update that they originally told BBC Watchdog was not even needed for the ESC equipped car. Then they said it was, then it took many months later to be released, they have had our car for nigh on 5 months, and now, when finally released, it doesn't even resolve it !! Aaaaaargh !!!!
oh my god. please get some legal help.

I've been told today that the update for my esp car hasn't been released from fiat yet?

This is indicative of the misinformation/mixed messages/ineptitude, from Fiat throughout this mess. Suggest you ring Kaye Seaton, Fiat UK, Slough, tel, 01753 519431, to ask exactly why you're getting a different story. She rang me on 19th May to say that updates for ESP (aka ESC) cars were now available. If you think it's going to resolve it howeverto the fuss free steep hill starts of Euro 5 1.2,s and Euro 6 twinairs (both of which I've also tried), our experience is you should forget it.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

I'm very saddened and disappointed by this information, which as you know, dcs1, you kindly advised me of privately and which I received whilst I was at Pewsham collecting my car. I told the chap in the services department that the fix wasn't working after he told me that the fix was due any day now. It appears dealerships are not being given the fix at the same time, which is inconsistent.

As I have said before, I think this needs blowing wide open. I'm really not sure whether Fiat are taking this seriously enough.

I have a piccie from today with Adam Tanner from Pewsham sales team handing me the keys to my new car but I don't know how to upload it. If anyone can help that would be great.

The car is fantastic. I'm thrilled with it. And super relieved. But let's be clear: I remain very active on this matter and want to help ANYONE who is battling (or contemplating the battle) because I fear this isn't going to go away any time soon. If anything, I see it getting worse and people really do need to trust themselves and have the courage of their convictions to take their finance companies and/or Fiat on. They've sold you faulty goods. They must provide you with goods that are fit for purpose. After all, you wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner that doesn't work to take it back to the store and be told that you can't have your refund because the only thing wrong with the machine is the way that you're using it?!?!

Come one guys - stand up and start fighting. It's the only way forward. It's a hard slog, and emotionally draining as you've all witnessed but it WILL get you an outcome in the end. Fiat are banking on people getting put off by their size. Don't be.

Well done! Reading posts from the other day it sounded as if Fiat was reneging on their promise. The memories of my unsuccessful attempts to get justice from Fiat came flooding back, at the time I hated every Euro 6 Eco Fiat I saw on the road. I am still warning others to have nothing to do with them.

I did try to persuade people to club together to get Fiat to sort the issues out, but just got a great deal of flak from certain quarters, trying to rubbish anything I said. Even the independent test reports I got were ignored. There are many people out there who have problems with their Fiat but feel they have no option but to live with it until they can afford to trade it in for something else.

As for the supposed 'fix', they may be able to get the cars to perform more smoothly but until I see a rolling road test on a 'fixed' car I will always be unconvinced that the car will have the amount of torque needed to drive safely on the road today.

This is indicative of the misinformation/mixed messages/ineptitude, from Fiat throughout this mess. Suggest you ring Kaye Seaton, Fiat UK, Slough, tel, 01753 519431, to ask exactly why you're getting a different story. She rang me on 19th May to say that updates for ESP (aka ESC) cars were now available. If you think it's going to resolve it howeverto the fuss free steep hill starts of Euro 5 1.2,s and Euro 6 twinairs (both of which I've also tried), our experience is you should forget it.

Be interested to hear how you get on.
Thanks for that bit of info. I'll get onto Fiat Monday.

Guess who has had three missed calls from Fiat UK today???

Yep. They left a message this morning asking me to phone them and let them know if I'm happy with my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering I still have I think 19-20 un-returned phone-calls placed with them I have been left somewhat stunned that they are so keen to speak to me.

Let's just say I'm not in a rush!

Guess who has had three missed calls from Fiat UK today???

Yep. They left a message this morning asking me to phone them and let them know if I'm happy with my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering I still have I think 19-20 un-returned phone-calls placed with them I have been left somewhat stunned that they are so keen to speak to me.

Let's just say I'm not in a rush!

Knowing FIAT they probably want to ask you to return it and accept your old one back...

Knowing FIAT they probably want to ask you to return it and accept your old one back...

Er, yes! My thoughts EXACTLY!

I'm sure they're just being nice but it just feels a little bit too late for them to start giving a s*** about me. And the lady who left me the message sounded absolutely lovely; some might even say sincere.

Great news!
I'm very happy for you!
Well done! :)

Try not to treat Fiat how Fiat have treated you, two wrongs don't make a right, so I would suggest you return their call and speak with them. Yes, they are the "enemy" but you should still talk with them.

Hopefully .............. just hopefully .............. they'll learn something from the "horses mouth" about the way the public feels.

Great news and regards to you,
Mick.

Hey Mick

Many thanks for your post - fear not, I will get back to them, but not for a couple of days so that I can tell them that I've had it for more than 48hrs and can start to make a bit more of an informed judgement based on daily use rather than the heady excitement of the honeymoon period!

I will be making it abundantly clear that the way that I have been treated by Fiat CS has been pretty ropey to say the least.

I wish everyone else still waiting on their fix the very best of luck.

Back