Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

Currently reading:
Technical Euro6 1.2 Throttle Response, Hill Start Issues & Watchdog report

@JTD_Liam.. 16 1/2 grand for a posh Punto ??? :confused: :eek:
Criminal huh! They added a £2k deposit contribution a week or two after my Sister collected it too, bless them :( The list price on my MiTo is over £18k - I got it 10 months old for under £13k - just as well, since Alfa's backup, like much of Fiats, isn't worth a penny from what I can establish.

Serious question, am i the only one that got my 500 fixed :confused:
There are others who've said the fix worked, but equally there seems to be some people who's cars still aren't right. Not sure how two of the same engines with the same software update can behave so differently really. Whole thing baffles me.

Ours is due its service soon so I am taking it to another dealer ,they can have a look, it could be that it did not install correctly or there is now another version available.

No.Chepstow,there is a fiat service agent LC Motors in Newport/Cwmbran.

auditt, have you tried Motor Services of Chepstow by any chance?

They are an authorised Fiat service/warranty dealership, think they seem to go a bit under the radar as I remember a classic conversation with Fiat CS about transferring the 3rd year warranty for our Punto (we bought it from Motor Services), and the fact they were adamant that they didn't exist:rolleyes::eek:

Just wasn't sure if that was who you had been dealing with or not?

I used them over 10 years ago for warranty work,but I dont think they are FIAT approved these days.

I used them over 10 years ago for warranty work,but I dont think they are FIAT approved these days.

FYI I just checked on fiat.co.uk and they are still listed on there as an approved service centre.

We bought our Punto from them in August last year, and it came with one of their branded tax disc holders with a big Fiat badge on it. All of their other paperwork was Fiat branded as well.

So I would genuinely be surprised if they aren't able to help. Obviously up to you if you want to use them but it would certainly be more convenient by the sounds of it.:)

Has anybody had a 1.2 euro 6 sorted out, my dealer says it is o.k but it dies on pulling away and is dangerous at busy junctions. Fiat are not interested denying a problem exists.

Had the "update" but still not right.It has very little torque below 2000rpm and revs surge at clutch biting point.Luckily I dont do much round town driving majority is A road and M/way.If this was not the case I would have got rid by now.Will get rid before the VED changes so next car will still be cheap to tax.

Had the "update" but still not right.It has very little torque below 2000rpm and revs surge at clutch biting point.Luckily I dont do much round town driving majority is A road and M/way.If this was not the case I would have got rid by now.Will get rid before the VED changes so next car will still be cheap to tax.

Was there any difference at all after the update? Seems really odd that only some cars suffered from the issue in the first place and of those cars only some got sorted by the update.

I had the update and it completely fixed the issue. My car rev surged before the update but I think it's more noticeable now because the throttle response is sharper. However you get used to it and it can be solved with a little less throttle or coming off the clutch a bit quicker. I drove a '15 1.2 last month and it was the same, but auditt's problem sounds a lot worse than my car?

I had the "update" early this year and it does make me wonder if it was even done at all.I am taking it to a different dealer for its service soon so will be asking them to have a look,there may be another later version of the update by now.

Mine was done about two months ago, so that may be the case. But it's still all smoke and mirrors. We all should have been offered some kind of good will gesture, instead of just being expect to lump it.

Yes I agree,I asked Fiat CS if they would reduce the finance owing or even a free service the answer was NO!

Yes I agree,I asked Fiat CS if they would reduce the finance owing or even a free service the answer was NO!

I rather suspect the issue here is how widespread the problem is and how much it would cost them if everyone got a free service. Not saying that you don't deserve it of course.

Another point to add to Maxi's - the 500 is still selling really well.

Latest SMMT figures for July 2015 show that the 500 was the 8th best selling car last month, and is still in the top ten for new registrations for 2015 as a whole.

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2015/08/steady-growth-for-new-car-registrations-in-july/

In fact, the 500 has slightly more registrations YTD in 2015 than at the same time last year (just had a look at the figures for July 2014).

Quite incredible really.

It is a good time to buy with some of the deals I have seen in recent weeks,plenty of pre-reg cars and new for £2K off and £1K finance deposit.No wonder we have lost so much in less than 2 years.

We had the 'update' in May - some improvement in pulling away, but no discernible difference on hills. Went back to dealer today, at Fiat's suggestion, for software updates, but when dealer checked there is no other update available. Our Fiat contact is 'on holiday' and nobody knows which updates she might have expected us to get. Don't know where we go from here. Not optimistic, given the stories here.

Back