Technical Engine change panda 2006 cross

Currently reading:
Technical Engine change panda 2006 cross

Filip007

I need advice, I have a Panda 2 4x4 cross 2006 1.3 multijet, my timing chain broke and the engine has so many problems that repairing it would be financial suicide. Please, I would like advice on whether the 188a9000 engine from the Fiat Punto 2 would fit in my Panda, I don't care if it passes the technical test... the 188a8000 engine is supposed to be in the car according to the label and data. Sellers at junkyards tell me that it should sit there from Punto. If anyone has experience please let me know. Thanks for all the replies!

I've never swapped those but from experience as long as it is the same engine but from a different vehicle it must fit. It could that you need to use the inlet/outlet manifolds, auxiliary stuff like alternator/acc and even sump pan and flywheel of the Original engine. If you are using the wiring harnass that came with the car, also swap the sensors or at least check them for partnumbers to prevent problems.

I've never swapped those but from experience as long as it is the same engine but from a different vehicle it must fit. It could that you need to use the inlet/outlet manifolds, auxiliary stuff like alternator/acc and even sump pan and flywheel of the Original engine. If you are using the wiring harnass that came with the car, also swap the sensors or at least check them for partnumbers to prevent problems.
Many thanks for yours response! Very helpful for me!

No idea about the 1.3D

I know the 1.2 and 1.2 4x4 have the same engine code 188A4000

But are completely different engines, camshafts, ECU and throttle bodies are all different

No idea about the 1.3D

I know the 1.2 and 1.2 4x4 have the same engine code 188A4000

But are completely different engines, camshafts, ECU and throttle bodies are all different
Thanks for reply. I think that the diesel engine will be the same

Back