Technical Bought a mk2 x-reg - few issues

Currently reading:
Technical Bought a mk2 x-reg - few issues

I didn't change timing belt as looks fairly new.

Just removed from cam and then retimed it.

They last 2.5 years for me but start stop all day.

Well it's still charging. So will wait and see. Think it's more than likely something else but. Will check fuel and spark. It'll probably be the bleeding crank sensor. Anyone in Glasgow that could spare one to try it?

When my son has crank sensor failure, he drove home turned car off and it never started again, so don't know, as for battery I counted 130 starts a day, so didn't have heart to claim, will find a post on how and why you should change battery, mainly engine ECU and power steering ECU

It's still charging and that's been say 5/6 hours so defo needed it even though was reading 11.99v but wouldn't fire the starter at all. Lol.

It's showing fully charged.

I'll try it again and see what happens. Won't get a chance until Thursday now. Between work and childcare it's difficult.

Also want to check the compression as well.

Well I've charged it and left it and then charged it again so it seems fully charged. If it only gives me a few secs of cranking then I'll know the battery is knackered.

Quick question.

I've got a usb connector that I used for an astra that allowed me to run vaux com? Is it the same connector to connect to the punto? And where would I get the appropriate software ?

[ame="http://s19.photobucket.com/user/h2ypr/media/All%20pics/404442FE-9F2D-4BE5-B625-590D972CEE73.mp4.html"]404442FE-9F2D-4BE5-B625-590D972CEE73.mp4 Video by h2ypr | Photobucket[/ame]

It nearly started when I reinstalled the battery but since then it's not been playing ball.

Just keeps cranking with no attempt to start. I changed the leads as I hadnt changed them yet. No difference.

Battery light an engine management on when ignition cycle is completed. Think battery is stnd?

Pulled the fuel line out and fuel poured out the injectors. No fuel issues. Do I need to remove the Sparks and crank the engine to see them cranking?

So when a battery charges quick usually means it can't hold a full charge, what did the charger say when first plugged in? 3? then went 0 really quickly, its knackered should take at least 6 hours to drop to 0. Leasds never stop a car starting, they might breakdown when warm. What do I know

[ame="http://s19.photobucket.com/user/h2ypr/media/All%20pics/816D3E43-08B8-40E5-B2FA-A7A28170A465.mp4.html"]816D3E43-08B8-40E5-B2FA-A7A28170A465.mp4 Video by h2ypr | Photobucket[/ame]

This is the multimeter connected onto the battery terminals and then ignition it drops to 12.2 an then to 8.6 when cranking.

This battery is pumped I reckon? It only done about 2/3 cranks for 5 secs before it got to this condition.

Back