Technical Punto 1.2 8v Mk2 2003 Radio wiring issue

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1.2 8v Mk2 2003 Radio wiring issue

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

JuupP

Hi all, im new to this forum!

I recently bought my first fiat punto mk2 2003 1.2 8v (Also my first car :D great choice i know!)

Just had an issue with the Power steering and the sensor was broken lucky me i could get a whole steering column for the cheap and replaced the whole thing!

And now i would really like to change the radio thats currently in the car so i bought an adapter for a 1 din radio, the aftermarket radio ( It has car play which i wanted).
Now the problem is, i can directly attach the wiring loom of the radio to the new radio and it works. It plays music, works with carplay etc BUT it stays on the whole time.
I have ready many guides here but they all seem to tell something different in each of them so i dont really know much more but rather just got confused.

My problem is then, how can i manage to wire the radio correctly?
i can work my way with wiring etc, but would need to know whats the right way so that it does not kill my battery after a night standing still!

Currently i have no radio in the car as i dont want the car dying on me :p

Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated

It has literally been covered to death on these forums.

The standard radio uses the normal ISO power wires to carry the signal for the canbus system. If you plug a normal radio directly into the car's ISO radio connectors then you are trying to draw the power from the canbus lines. You need to make your own live and switched live and connect that to the radio via a ISO adaptor plug.

The old radio that fiat fitter will have a sticker on it with the Pin outs for the normal radio.

Look up Fiat ISO radio and normal ISO radio Pin outs to see the difference and see what you need to change.

2003 shouldn't have the canbus problem yet, it's 2004 onwards. So basically just swap yellow and red wire. Standby amperage is usually something like 0.5A so there shouldn't be a problem if you drive daily though
Tried that! Sadly that did not work :/ Fuses got burned and car started misfiring lol. But thats fixed now. Trying different solutions

It has literally been covered to death on these forums.

The standard radio uses the normal ISO power wires to carry the signal for the canbus system. If you plug a normal radio directly into the car's ISO radio connectors then you are trying to draw the power from the canbus lines. You need to make your own live and switched live and connect that to the radio via a ISO adaptor plug.

The old radio that fiat fitter will have a sticker on it with the Pin outs for the normal radio.

Look up Fiat ISO radio and normal ISO radio Pin outs to see the difference and see what you need to change.
I've made my own switched live and used the live from the existing connector, still drains the battery so going over to fully switched power. I dont need the settings to be stored eitherway as im using it for carplay.

Look in the GUIDES top of punto 2b section

Lots of information 👍
Many guides indeed! Many also which each say a different thing :p

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back