S3600029.JPG

Panda (Classic) 1988 4x4 Sisley

Introduction

As promised here are a few pictures of my Sisley I picked up yesterday

S3600029.JPG

S3600030.JPG

S3600031.JPG

I'm going to give it a good clean and check over tomorrow but I had to have a play with the 4WD in our field first :D
:/ wonder if later pandas had tougher windscreens?

the way i did it though, put no pressure on the glass what to ever, i never pulled the glass or pressed it. i just got it done half way around then slid it out the rubber.
Noticed the later screen I had spare off Scruffbag ('93) was marked as 'toughened' and the original wasn't so swapped it in when I had the screen out to investigate my blistery scuttle. Got the original out intact though and had it out & back in before so they can't be that bad.

Is your screen an original Fiat one? I'm thinking that it is maybe not a laminated one for some reason:confused: More likely you are just gifted with the art of windscreen removal though :D

yeah its a fiat screen..

just took a picy of the writing on my screen.. anybody else with a older panda compare what it says?

Attachments

• IMG_20120709_204016.jpg
    IMG_20120709_204016.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 23
Well it's now all stripped and the rust repairs have begun. Seriously thinking about going for a brand new drivers door, will save me alot of time repairing the old one and it should last forever once its full of waxoyl. Just the cost putting me off at the moment:eek:

A few pics of it in its current state and some of the repairs that need doing, plus the one on the front panel that I've already completed:

Don't you just love the Rolf Harris bit of waiting for the picture to load from top to bottom.
Do you know what it is yet?
Dave

Well it's now all stripped and the rust repairs have begun. Seriously thinking about going for a brand new drivers door, will save me alot of time repairing the old one and it should last forever once its full of waxoyl. Just the cost putting me off at the moment:eek:

A few pics of it in its current state and some of the repairs that need doing, plus the one on the front panel that I've already completed:

I'd say yours would be worth buying a new door for.

Don't you just love the Rolf Harris bit of waiting for the picture to load from top to bottom.
Do you know what it is yet?
Dave

Will have to remember to turn the picture size down on my camera next time:eek: I thought it was just my internet connection being slow when I opened them myself.

I'd say yours would be worth buying a new door for.

Will send you a PM(y)

I'm still plodding along at this, hope to have all the welding jobs done by the end of the weekend, just one corner of the tailgate to repair and I need to tidy up the lips on the front of the sills. Then it will be onto the very fun job of rubbing the entire thing down:p Also taken delivery of a brand new drivers door which is quite exciting as I don't think I've ever seen a completely rust free Panda door before:D

A few pics showing the repairs to the rear panel, the windscreen frame and the N/S rear wheel arch. All brush painted with epoxy primer to prevent rusting until I can get it into the spray booth at work where a smooth sprayed on coat can be applied.

My CLX also went straight through its MOT today, fourth time in a row:slayer:

proper job! nice one mate. its looking real good. great news on your CLX too fantastic panda that.

out of interest, what colour is your Sisley? its not "Verde Tropico" is it code 377|F?

if so, where you getting the paint from hehe i could do with gallons of the stuff.

Last edited:
Can't remember the name but it isn't green! It is a grey one of which there are probably only a few left in the UK. I will be getting the paint from our supplier at work when the time comes.

There is bound to be a supplier local to you who will mix some up, a bodyshop will probably even do it for you.

good to see some progress on this(y)(y)

john i know a srpay shop down here that charges 80 a panel its ok but im sure theres better if i need work doing im not gunna spend fortune on paint tbh :idea::idea:

Here are a few pictures showing the tailgate repair process:

Start with this, doesnt looks too bad:

Clean off the paint to get this, looks abit worse:

Cut off outer skin to reveal a very corroded inner:

Cut that off and make a new inner corner and weld it in:

Next make up a new outer repair piece, tack it in and then fold over the edges to replicate the original:

And finally it fully welded ready for filler and paint:

Back