S3600029.JPG

Panda (Classic) 1988 4x4 Sisley

Introduction

As promised here are a few pictures of my Sisley I picked up yesterday

S3600029.JPG

S3600030.JPG

S3600031.JPG

I'm going to give it a good clean and check over tomorrow but I had to have a play with the 4WD in our field first :D
Well abit of a thread resurection, no posts for more than two years!

I have taken my Sisley off the road as of today for abit of a spruce up/restoration depending on how far I decide to go with it. At the very least I will be painting the roof and bonnet to get rid of the horrible peeling laquer and sorting out/tidying up a few other bits, however I'm very tempted to go a little bit further and paint the whole thing.

I'll keep this thread updated as I go, should get started on it in the next week or so.

I've decided over the weekend I will be painting the enitre car, looking around it there are quite a few blebs of rust coming through which could turn into alot of work if they are left for much longer, plus there is not much point having a shiny roof and bonnet if the rest lets it down!

The heater matrix has developed quite a bad leak since I stopped using the car last week for some reason, have started to strip that out this evening and I'm sure I'll need a new matrix, does anyone know if they are still easily available?

Also I will be in need of some new Sisley door decals, again does anyone know whether you can get these anywhere or am I going to have to have some made up?

paint it the same colour as your clx with rattle cans and just swap the license plates over :eek:

I have seen heater matrixs on Italian ebay but you might be able to fix your current one depending on how its broken

The heater matrix has developed quite a bad leak since I stopped using the car last week for some reason, have started to strip that out this evening and I'm sure I'll need a new matrix, does anyone know if they are still easily available?

Check the heater tap first, they tend to crack and leak.

Also I will be in need of some new Sisley door decals, again does anyone know whether you can get these anywhere or am I going to have to have some made up?

There are a few on Italian ebay. I have dealt with the seller of the links below before and the items have been spot on, packaged well and despatched very quickly - might be worth contacting the sellers if the colour you are after is not shown:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PANDA-4X4-SISLEY-ADESIVI-DECORATIVI-LATERALI-/221005402081?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item3374f2cfe1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adesivi-FIAT-PANDA-4X4-SISLEY-laterali-BEIGE-decorativi-self-adhesive-decoration-/220980641713?
pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item337378ffb1

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It is the valve that is leaking, it has a very small crack where it mounts to side of the matrix, funny as it didn't look like it was coming from there at all when I took the sound deadening off the bulkhead.

Thanks for the links, looks like that will be the easiest way, I'm guessing I'll need the beige ones as I certainly dont want black!

Well not too much progress over the last week, got the headlights, grill annd front bumper off but thats about it. Trying to find a new heater valve but not having much luck, can't seem to find one online and my dealer can't get one, although they have given me the details of a dealer who supposedly has one in stock, so I will have to give them a ring at some point.

I'm going to have the door stickers made up by a local signwriter as I don't want to risk buying some from Italy only for them to not be right, may be able to get a few sets made up if anyone is interested.

Anyone got a spare windscreen?:bang: Tried to remove mine today and it went crack as soon as I even looked at it:( It did need to come out though as I have some rust starting in the lower corners, but still very annoying as I hardly put any force on it at all. I will definitely be paying someone to fit the replacement!

So easy to do Freddy :( Putting it back in is a lot less risky so you may want to give it a try and save yourself a bit of money.

I have a spare but would worry about it getting to you in one piece. Maybe see if there's one closer to you that you can pick up in person, if not and you want mine we'll have to think of a plan.

Thanks for the offer Vern(y), luckily I think I have managed to source one from aquamarine via eBay so I'm hopefully sorted. We have a good windscreen fitter we use at work so it won't cost much to have it fitted, will be a while yet anyway so maybe I'll decide to have a go when the time comes.

I wanted to take the rear window out of tailgate aswell but I don't dare to now, it has the original dealer sticker on it still and I dont want to loose that. I could cut the rubber but I don't know if new ones are obtainable.

Don't worry about the rear window, it's twice as thick as the windscreen so doesn't break as easily. What I mean by that is, the glass on a Panda is about 4mm thick but the windscreen is laminated so two pieces 2mm thick. The bonding membrane in the middle is quite soft and flexible so doesn't add to the strength, you are therefore playing with two sheets of glass 2mm thick. (n)

Keep an even pressure all the way round and remove it with the rubber attached to the glass. I tend to work from the top then down the sides equally, twisting is what will break it.

Back