General am i missing something here ???

Currently reading:
General am i missing something here ???

gserghiou

Hi all,

this is a photo i took of my X19 (still dont have it, but it is on its way from UK in a container now !!!) (y)

Been waiting long enough for it to get in that container :yuck:

anyways, while i was in UK i went to my uncles house and took some photos of it !!! In the photo i am attaching is there a plastic tank (water tank ????) missing ???

I have seen plastic tanks in other peoples x19s there and dont know if there should be one in mine as well. My x is a 79 model !!!

Any ideas ???

George

Attachments

• tank_missing.jpg
    tank_missing.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 29
Hi gserghiou, mine is a 1500 and as you can see there is a washer bottle there.Dont know why it is so big.Maybe because yours is a 1300 it is in a different place.
Shaun

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 20
hi,

My 79 X is an early 1500 version (with rev counter clockwise)

As i didnt have a chance to check it properly and not owning one before i can not tell if ithe washer tank has been placed somewhere else for this year model.

Thanks again,

George

P.S. The bigger the washer tank the better... i might even get a shower in the summer from it :yum: (y) :eek:

You may find you have a washer bag instead of a bottle but i cant find where it is fitted

Earlier models had a rubber bag mounted inside the wing but this style should have been dropped by about '77. All 1500s and the last of the 1300s came with the large hard plastic bottle mounted alongside the battery.

shaun said:
...there is a washer bottle there.Dont know why it is so big.
Shaun
It is so big because it it the washer bottle for driving lights too. In some countries, that is. The second pump goes in that second notch in the bottle. As a matter of fact, I'd very much like to have those light washers in my Exxy. I'd be happy to receive some information how that system originally was built in the car.

Back