Technical Uno Turbo Gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Turbo Gearbox

ceedy

my x19 is in need of a new box..

Apart from the mods to the gear linkage for fitting to the exxy, can anyone shed light on any possible problems with gear ratios.

Everything else is standard( ish) apart from a lightly tweaked motor.

thanks Chris

The Uno Turbo is geared somewhat higher than the X1/9 and as such can make the car rather sluggish if there are no other engines mods. Best option is to retain the X1/9 final drive which knocks things back into shape a bit.

Everything else is pretty much a straight swap - use the X1/9 bell housing and shift arm for an easy solution to the obvious problem.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.... even tho' the exxy is chucking out about 108 geegee's, I think I will use the x19 final drive, I do prefer a bit of whoosh rather than top end whiz ...

many thanks & take care

Chris

Hi, Back again,

Looks like my proposed purchase of a uno box is going down the pan.

Can anyone give a list of gearboxes from any other cars, ( even a yugo ;-)..
that can be fitted in a x19, with the bell houising, linkage swap..

having now almost lost reverse it getting a bit of a pain to drive..

thanks & take care all

Ceedy.

Hi again,

Getting a bit of a desperate Dan, can anyone help with a list of internals I can source and rebuild the exxy box with ??..

thanks in Hope

C..

ceedy said:
Hi again,

Getting a bit of a desperate Dan, can anyone help with a list of internals I can source and rebuild the exxy box with ??..

thanks in Hope

C..
Have you tried gearboxman.com ? He builds gearboxes for the fiat challenge guys who race the unos. (They use the 128/x1/9 design box.) I race an uno myself, but use the mk2 uno turbo 'tipo type' box. As I understand it, you can use most if not any gearbox internals inside your x1/9 gearbox, from any of the strada type gearboxes, which were used in sohc stradas, mk1 uno 70 sx, turbo 1301cc, and pretty sure the yugo range that used the sohc fiat engine. Hope this helps a tad! Regards, Chris

Back