Technical Mystery coil wires and under-dash switch

Currently reading:
Technical Mystery coil wires and under-dash switch

RDS

Hello all

please can any one shed any light on the following, bearing in mind i have had some rough running since getting the car:

1 what wires (and their colours) do you have coming off the +ve and the -ve coil terminals? I have a stray red wire with an eyelet which could go to either, but to which? NB it is not the suppressor or distributor condenser wire)

2 does anyone else have a toggle switch under the dash? Mine does not do anything obvious when operated, but may be something to do with item 1 above, eg a cut-out or kill-switch? (NBI have not tested if it is live as it was just too hot to be upside down in the footwell today!)

Many thanks in advance.

RDS

Cant help with the coil switch as I can're recall and I now have an uno turbo block in my engine bay.

However the under dash switch is not standard but I wonder do you have an electric fuel pump? Sometimes these are installed with the switch under the dash as an anti theft device. ie the engine only runs with the fuel pump on.

If not you are going to have to trace the wires and see where it goes!

Best of luck

Hello Alex
It's a coil kill switch. Sadly the coil killed itself today too. Red Hot after 30 mins running.
Cheers RDS

Back