General Front seats.

Currently reading:
General Front seats.

Hello
I normally kick around the seicento section but I've also got a classic mini which is why I'm here.
I'm restoring my mini and I'm wanting something different for the seats.
I've been looking at fitting some mk1 supra seats because their just so ugly but then I stumbled across a pair of x1/9 seats for sale that I really like the look off but I need to know, do the seats lean forward to gain access to the rear or are they fixed?

Thanks
Ben.

Both seats fold forward but the distributor access panel is behind the driver's seat on the rhd cars, the same place as the spare wheel. The other side is the fuel tank which is behind a rigid firewall.

The seats on the earlier cars (1300 and some 1500) are on fixed rails but the later seats have removable rails (seat and rails come out together) which is more suitable for a transplant.

As an alternative you might want to look at early MX5 seats as well - they are a nice fit for the X1/9 so might fit your needs too. The only thing you might want to consider is how low the seats fit, the MX5 and X1/9 really are about as close to the floor as you can hope to go without going for a proper race seat.

Back