Technical Control arm front right

Currently reading:
Technical Control arm front right

Luckor10

Hi,

Need a new lower ball joint front right and thus need to get hold of a complete control arm since they don't come separately. I noticed that new ones can be quite difficult to find, for some reason more difficult for the right side.

However, I found that some of the "mainstream" part suppliers online (no Fiat experts, that is) offer complete control arms, cheap and for immediate delivery. But ... they don't look right in the pictures and the same part is claimed to fit on both sides of the car. Strange for a part that isn't symmetrical.

What do you think? Are there really different types of control arms for the X1/9 and does some look like in the picture I'm trying to attach to this message?
Link.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Purf,

I checked with Eurosport and they claim that control arms are no longer available from any of their suppliers. They just have a few left in stock, and only for the left side.

Well, I'll try to find some more sources ...

There are loads of new ones on eBay USA really cheap but don't know about postage costs

Actually I haven't managed to find that many control arms of the correct type neither on US eBay nor on any other eBay. I've found a few but they are quite expensive, especially when counting in shipping cost and custom fees. Sometimes I order parts from the USA, but postage fees feel more worth it the bigger the package is.

Well, I could get a new one from Italy for about 150 EUR including shipping.

Sledgehammer, would you be interested in posting one good control arm to Sweden ...?? Please tell me your price and I'll consider it.

That's odd I found lots starting around 30 dollars for brand new which even if postage bit expensive is still cheap .
Find the correct type note the part number, aftermarket part number, then search eBay using just the part number.

I will be ordering a LOT of parts from Rock Auto .. is this relatively acceptable here? Anyone with any issues with their parts fitting and all?

Thanks,
Pyro
You should be fine because you are in USA
I am in UK and have attempted to order some parts but they always appear to be out of stock after I have placed my order.
Please let us know how you get on .

I have remanufactured ones, they have new ball joints fitted if you're interested, the rubber bushes have NOT been replaced, I have rear balljoints as well. PM me for details.

Attachments

• DSCF3929.JPG
    DSCF3929.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 37
  • DSCF3928.JPG
    DSCF3928.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 51
  • DSCF3927.JPG
    DSCF3927.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCF3926.JPG
    DSCF3926.JPG