IMG_20121003_220621.JPG

Grande Punto Ysidfas White T-Jet

Introduction

Hey guys! Picked up my new ride yesterday, and Im madly in love with it already!

Spec:
- 59 Reg 1.4 16v T-jet Sporting 120bhp
- Bossa Nova White
- Panoramic (Skydome) Sunroof
- Optional extra 5 Spoke 17" alloys
- Factory Rear window tints

IMG_20121003_172300.JPG

I can honestly say, Its fast!!! Coming from driving a 65bhp 1.2 8v active GP, Double the power and almost tripple the torque is such a nice feeling! Pulls to 70 (and a bit more ;) ) sooo easily!

IMG_20121003_220621.JPG

The panoramic sunroof really sets the car off! especially with the 5 spokes :)

Plans:
- Team Heko Wind deflectors (Bought need fitting)
- Re-vinyl pillars and rear roof section to make the whole roof gloss black
- Eibach Sportlines
- Spend countless hours keeping it spotlessly clean (already filty after doing 100 miles on soaking wet roads :( )
- Forge/GSR intake
- Remap

Not 100% sure on tuning it up for serious power (vl36 A500 turbo ect) but its early days yet ;)

Thoughts and comments all appreciated :)
Lol boo! I want free food :D Yeah something like that the IHI VL36 or VL38 or something, all i know is taht it is the biggest IHI one :p I will let you know, it might be changed at the begining of next year maybe.... :p NEED MORE POWER! (y)

If you do upgrade, you gonna go for the Garret SS unit? if you do sell up, I think ill have it rebuilt with modified internals for extra boost ;)

If you do upgrade, you gonna go for the Garret SS unit? if you do sell up, I think ill have it rebuilt with modified internals for extra boost ;)

Nah, there is another better Garrett unit im looking into getting, bigger than the SS unit tbh, if im gonna spend that kind ofmoney im gonna get the best I can! :D. yeah should give you a good result with modified internals, iwas tempted to, but I dont think I will get what I want out of it! :p

How would I go about testing this?

Find a slight incline (mine even does it on my driveway). Stop, depress the clutch and brake with the car in gear (as usual). Then release the brake but keep the clutch fully depressed, the car should hold it's position for a few seconds before rolling back (this would normally give you time to find the bite point, but for the sake of this test, just keep the clutch in).

I recommend testing it without anyone behind you though, just in case.. :p

Find a slight incline (mine even does it on my driveway). Stop, depress the clutch and brake with the car in gear (as usual). Then release the brake but keep the clutch fully depressed, the car should hold it's position for a few seconds before rolling back (this would normally give you time to find the bite point, but for the sake of this test, just keep the clutch in).

I recommend testing it without anyone behind you though, just in case.. :p

Brake pedal will also stay solid if you go to apply it again after releasing it, but while hill holder is still active (like trying to put your foot on the brake when the engine is off and you've pumped all of the servo assistance out if it).

Disconnect your battery, when you reconnect it you'll more than likely get sh*t loads of errors saying your airbags, asr etc are buggered one of them might say hill hold. This is how I found out mine had it. Once you drive off after a few hundred yards it all start working again :p

Worth a try.

Back