your opinion please

Currently reading:
your opinion please

i was looking at my alloys the other day and i have noticed the drums are looking abit rusty.;)

i am thinking of painting them this summer just wanted your opinion on whether i should paint.

i am also thinking of painting them silver, but would be open to any other colour suggestions.

See sig below for colour of car:)

cheers guys
sammi
x

I have a bling* bling* shiny blue thing
bravosig.jpg

dont paint them, unless you're going to paint them black. ive never understood why people want to paint drum brakes so that they show through the wheel..its a drum brake.. it sucks

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Once I've sprayed and fitted my alloys, I'm going to paint my front calipers red and my rear drums black. :D

I've been reliably informed by a few guys on puntoforum that smooth-finish Hammerite is spot on for painting brakes as it's heat resistant, rust resistant and costs about a fiver for a tin (and one tin = enough to do about 20 calipers - do your friends cars too!), rather than the £20 or so that "proper" caliper paint costs ;)

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

Don't paint. They heat up to 800 degrees C and will eventually cause any paint to flicker. Use a wire-brush to remove most of the rust and let it stay that way.

Morten.

gas lowered on abarth wheels. upgraded interior and visuals. audio through phoenix gold and kenwood.

projects: air in and out.

A guy at school did his drums on his Corsa (with 17" alloys!) with red paint and it has all flaked off and looks stupid! hehe!

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
Uno_sign.jpg
test_vote_for_me.gif

sammi get wheels powder coated;)

jonnyboy smoothrite hamerite works on brakes, but you need special brush cleaner for it, better to buy cheep paint brushes then chuck them after use;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newheadrub1.JPG
newheadrub2.JPG
sigpic.JPG

Petrol dissolves Hammerite Smooth - I found that when I painted our rusty old mower with it then spilled petrol on the paint when I filled it's tank! [xx(]

But since I only ever buy cheapo nasty brishes anyway it doesn't matter! :p

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

painted drums and calipers orange (sad i know) on my bravo to match the car got the paint from folia tec :)

1999 Bravo 1.2 80sx, alloys 17" mw neo, smoked side repeaters,abarth spoiler, CARBON FIBRE POPPY CORAL ;-)

paint the drums black, tou dont want it to stand out to much. a boy at uni has got imitation discs on the back which look drilled and grooved, looks quite smart but the fronts are just standard solids, looks out of balance.

Back