Young drivers

Currently reading:
Young drivers

Honestly?

Bend over, drop your trousers and pray lube is included in the price!

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quote team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Anyone got any recommendations for insurance Young driver want to avoid black box policy's because I've been screwed over twice by them any advice would be helpful

In what way have you been screwed over out of interest?

All I can advise is shop about and then shop about some more. Comparison websites are good for cheap prices but cover quality is normally awful in most cases. Also try those who don't appear on comparison sites, such as insurance brokers, Aviva and Direct line etc.

Anyone got any recommendations for insurance Young driver want to avoid black box policy's because I've been screwed over twice by them any advice would be helpful

The AA have recently introduced a black box scheme, might be worth a look despite previous experiences. www.theaa.com/aagetdriving

You believe you've had a bad deal before. Am I correct to assume they've highlighted risks with your driving style or locations and timings? Do you have details of this, so that you can work on it to improve? As surely, the benefit of a black box is not just to measure your driving style, but to help you improve, for your benefit and with lower risk.

If you wish to discuss the results and how you might improve them, please PM me. Any advice I can give is free. (and confidential)

The AA have recently introduced a black box scheme, might be worth a look despite previous experiences. www.theaa.com/aagetdriving

You believe you've had a bad deal before. Am I correct to assume they've highlighted risks with your driving style or locations and timings? Do you have details of this, so that you can work on it to improve? As surely, the benefit of a black box is not just to measure your driving style, but to help you improve, for your benefit and with lower risk.

If you wish to discuss the results and how you might improve them, please PM me. Any advice I can give is free. (and confidential)

That's a great idea and offer. Black boxes are surely the way to go. I was a young driver once know how easy it is to get carried away but the car is a weapon. Also if you take rowdy passengers you have an excellent reason to drive like a mum, they will be grateful in the long run.

In the respect I've been screwed over is no matter how I drive my driving score never changed the suddenly then sent me a email saying that wanted an extra 800 pound it what I was already saying

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quote team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

You were well over the odds for me too, suggest you stop trolling for quote opportunity until you can be competitive.

In the respect I've been screwed over is no matter how I drive my driving score never changed the suddenly then sent me a email saying that wanted an extra 800 pound it what I was already saying

That's a shame but there are good and bad deals everywhere. Be thankful you are not in Ireland where it is even worse for young drivers. Play the game, do the research and ultimately be patient. For sure you are better to keep insurance going and build up your no claims and, of course, your age.

Last edited:
Like Andydiver said patience is your friend , of all the small cars I've owned over the years my Current Twinair has been the cheapest to insure and it's easily the fastest lol.

AdrianFlux quoted me at over £800 third party. DirectLine quoted me £350 fully comp - not through a comparison site. I'd only use AdrianFlux for mods. And even then I dread to think what it would cost.

I used to be with Aviva and they were reasonable also.

Last edited:
What companies did this? Did they say why?

Wise driving and it was all down to my driving score but it never changed depending if I drove like my mom or was hooning it everywhere but looking back and reading up on the company they're quite bad for that sort of things they have some quite bad reviews and seemed to only wanted money and didn't even try and dicuss the issue with me when I had to cancel the policy because I could afford the extra

Wise driving and it was all down to my driving score but it never changed depending if I drove like my mom or was hooning it everywhere but looking back and reading up on the company they're quite bad for that sort of things they have some quite bad reviews and seemed to only wanted money and didn't even try and dicuss the issue with me when I had to cancel the policy because I could afford the extra

Ahh, I've heard of them and some dodgy reviews from friends. I tried my best to stick with companies I've heard of.

Try DirectLine. They're not on price comparison sites. They've got a blackbox scheme, but they're very good. Blackbox saved me 25% so about £110. I've added aftermarket alloy wheels for free, and the times I've needed to contact them they've sorted the issue so quickly through chat, paperwork sent out bang on when it's meant to (or before!!!), it's just amazing. Very pleased.

When I did my quote they were happy to check what was causing problems (modified suspension), and they checked that on it's own, with alloy wheels to isolate what bit was denying my policy. 10/10 service so far, hopefully I'll never find out what it's like to need to claim off them.

Ahh, I've heard of them and some dodgy reviews from friends. I tried my best to stick with companies I've heard of.

Try DirectLine. They're not on price comparison sites. They've got a blackbox scheme, but they're very good. Blackbox saved me 25% so about £110. I've added aftermarket alloy wheels for free, and the times I've needed to contact them they've sorted the issue so quickly through chat, paperwork sent out bang on when it's meant to (or before!!!), it's just amazing. Very pleased.

When I did my quote they were happy to check what was causing problems (modified suspension), and they checked that on it's own, with alloy wheels to isolate what bit was denying my policy. 10/10 service so far, hopefully I'll never find out what it's like to need to claim off them.

Sounds good but in all honesty I want to stay away from blackboxs and just spend the extra on just paying it I guess it's just something that's got to be done

Sounds good but in all honesty I want to stay away from blackboxs and just spend the extra on just paying it I guess it's just something that's got to be done

Well I didn't want a blackbox, but couldn't turn down that kind of saving. It isn't intrusive at all (fitting was very good), and I haven't heard a thing from them about it since!

I put some of the saving towards breakdown cover.

But honestly, try a quote without a box. They still halved my renewel price. (y)

Back