Young drivers insurance

Currently reading:
Young drivers insurance

Anyone got any insurance companies they would recommend for young drivers? I'm 19 and have 2 years no claims bonus yet my insurance quote is still higher by £100 than I was paying last year with 1 years no claims!
By the way I'm currently with Quinn direct and I have a 1.2 stilo

Last edited:
Ones that have been good to me in the past

Aviva
More Than
Tesco
Elephant/Admiral (apart from needing to claim)

Agree with elephant/admiral, thats who im with at the moment on multicar and the multicar dropped the price for both cars of over £300 so worth a shot if you have someone else in the family who needs insurance around the same time

Good luck hunting, can be a pain in the arse trying to find cheap insurance

Try ingenie if you don't mind a telematics device being fitted (still unlimited miles + no restrictions on time)

Agree with elephant/admiral, thats who im with at the moment on multicar and the multicar dropped the price for both cars of over £300 so worth a shot if you have someone else in the family who needs insurance around the same time

Good luck hunting, can be a pain in the arse trying to find cheap insurance

Aviva now do multi car policies also so might be worth considering them also, but insurance is very much and individual thing, my advice is to use comparison sites, then call the cheapest and check its the best they can do, and then call the ones such as Aviva etc who are not on comparison sites.

I've found Endleigh, Quinn and now Admiral cheapest for me (y)

Have you tried Direct line ??
sounds odd but when I was 19 i had 1.9 stilo and the insurance was the cheapest around.
They where also willing to have me insured on the 2.4 =) for about £25 more haha dont know how that worked but they where the cheapest for me at one time dont know if they still are like that but worth a punt

Admiral group (Admiral, Elephant and Bell) Always come out cheapest for me, 20 with 2 ncb all mods declared on my car was £306......for 4 and a half months policy until the multicar policy kicks in, then I'm looking at around £650-£700 for the year.

Diamond are AFAIK know part of the same group and my 25 YO daughter has just insured a 1.6 52 Astra with them for £566 fully comp. provisional license and no NCD.

She got the quote down by adding me as a named driver (52 YO, max NCD, no convictions) and by allowing them to do us a quote to put the FIAT 500 on a multi car policy. We didn't add it as it happened but they knocked £40 of her quote.

and by allowing them to do us a quote to put the FIAT 500 on a multi car policy. We didn't add it as it happened but they knocked £40 of her quote.

But the policy would have been sold on the basis you add the 500 come its renewal, she was aware of this I take it :confused:

That's what it was like when I took their multi car policy out.

Last edited:
But the policy would have been sold on the basis you add the 500 come its renewal, she was aware of this I take it :confused:

That's what it was like when I took their multi car policy out.

No she was told there was no obligation for us to do this

- so either sharp practice or outright deception.

That said if it does it will be fine as it's only £20 more than our current policy costs and it costs us much more than this to add European cover to our current policy which is included with Diamond, as we need this often it will be an overall saving.

(y)

Last edited:
Back