Technical yobs pulled my imobilizer antenna

Currently reading:
Technical yobs pulled my imobilizer antenna

yiorgos

some retarded yob tried to steal my cinq ('96 sporting) :)mad:

Nothing inside to steal, no radio, nothing, a £200 car, for Christ shake !

They smashed the window, messed the ignition cables and uprooted the immobilizer antenna, the result of the last one being I can't start the car either :mad:

So, the question now is, where is the immobilizer box the antenna connects to and how easy is it to get to it & solder back the antenna. All away from the garage, in a public road at the mercy of the elements ...

any help appreciated :)

Attachments

• 20150111_123956.jpg
    20150111_123956.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
under the dash is the code box. the pick up ring just plugs in no cutting required

centoproject, hf turbo & Liquid Knight thank you for the offer of parts & advice.

My problem now is that I do not know where the immobilizer box is actually located, apart from the fact it can't be more than ~50cm from the ignition switch. I have looked up from the footwell and & removed the instrument cluster and looked down, but could not identify it.

Do I have to remove all the dashboard/facia or I am missing something obvious?

you want to look up under the dash rather than trying to get in from above.. push drivers seat right back and stick a bit of cardboard on floor outside the door to kneel on. Its a black box as pictured above in a cinq. From memory (its been a while!!!) its kinda behind where the stereo would be towards the middle of the car.

As said previously I wouldn't try fix the wire - would be much better to replace it ether new or 2nd hand. I assume you will be buying a window 2nd hand from someone breaking a cinq, ask them for the wire too.

at time I really hate the inbetweeners, they really made our beloved little Cinqs a target for mindless violence like this because the dumb ass chavs think that only young 18yr old geeks own them. ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it pishes me off!!

yep, thats one reason i hate that programme (among many)..

but you have to admit its funny when someone gets pissed at some ill judged manoeuvre you make or is all aggressive at you if you beep at them or something only for them to suddenly recoil into themselves when they realise its not some skinny dweeby little 18yr old kid getting out the car to confront them

Last edited:
yep, thats one reason i hate that programme (among many)..

but you have to admit its funny when someone gets pissed at some ill judged manoeuvre you make or is all aggressive at you if you beep at them or something only for them to suddenly recoil into themselves when they realise its not some skinny dweeby little 18yr old kid getting out the car to confront them

Yeah, I had that with one guy in a BMW, I got out of my cinq, all 6ft, 19st of me and the BM guy was 5ft6 and 10st when wet if that, BM's wheel spin really well lmao.

its even better if your in a tuned standard looking Cento and out run some thing exotic to 70mph "Officer", that's a great feeling lol

cant wait for that day to come lol

pretty sure the code box is near the bonnet pull

Last edited:
yes mate it is but i doubt you've seen mine as its been off the road since the end of october hibernating lol

although i have heard there is a replica floating around

Back