Technical yet another small problem

Currently reading:
Technical yet another small problem

hi again,

took my sei sporting out after i did a full service just to see if it ran any better because it has been sitting a few years. anyway getting to the point when i took it to about 41 mph to 44 mph i get a sort of wobble through the whole cabin and steering wheel, i thought it might be a wheel weight that has come off but if anybody else has any other ideas or if there is a way of testing the wheels at home without taking them to a tyre place. not sure if it is from the front or the rear

I would imagine a wheel weight is probably the culprit unless of course you've hit a massive pothole recently. I'm having similar problems after installing spacers. :mad:

I don't think there is much you can do yourself, personally I would take it down the garage asap. I wouldn't worry about whether it is front or rear, get them to balance all 4 wheels then you're all sorted. It shouldn't cost too much.

... it has been sitting a few years.

If it has been sitting on these tyres for four years they may no longer be round. If so, they'll all need replacing.

Like folding the edge of a piece of paper, you'll never get it flat again. When a car is laid up, if of course this is planned, it is recommended to either raise it off its wheels, overinflate them. Sitting on them in one place for a long time will distort the rubber and they will never fully recover. Even if with use they get better, that point on each tyre will run hotter, which can lead to a blowout.

If this is a likely cause, you'll need to replace them all.

Back