General Yet another nuova Bravo owner

Currently reading:
General Yet another nuova Bravo owner

neuro

neuro's just zis guy
Afternoon all!

Just wanted to pop my head in and introduce my Bravo 1.4 Dynamic, purchased yesterday afternoon! After 3 Puntos, it's amazing both how different and similar it all is. Loving it so far, I've already ordered my B&M adapter for my iPhone and updated B&M to 5.6, I just need to figure out some things first (fixing/replacing the badges because of condensation, sorting condensation in rear light cluster, figuring out what that box thing is affixed to the underside of the throttle preventing full pedal depression).

One thing I've noticed is that it's very noisy and clicky compared to my Grande Punto when arming the ignition (key to MAR) and switching the car off. Sounds like a solenoid clicking behind the steering wheel and a fan somewhere. I assume all of this is normal :)

So looking forward to driving this for years to come, the last 20 hours or so have been great. Bloody thing corners brilliantly!

Attachments

• Photo 09-07-2014 19 39 28.jpg
    Photo 09-07-2014 19 39 28.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 90
Afternoon all!

Just wanted to pop my head in and introduce my Bravo 1.4 Dynamic, purchased yesterday afternoon! After 3 Puntos, it's amazing both how different and similar it all is. Loving it so far, I've already ordered my B&M adapter for my iPhone and updated B&M to 5.6, I just need to figure out some things first (fixing/replacing the badges because of condensation, sorting condensation in rear light cluster, figuring out what that box thing is affixed to the underside of the throttle preventing full pedal depression).

One thing I've noticed is that it's very noisy and clicky compared to my Grande Punto when arming the ignition (key to MAR) and switching the car off. Sounds like a solenoid clicking behind the steering wheel and a fan somewhere. I assume all of this is normal :)

So looking forward to driving this for years to come, the last 20 hours or so have been great. Bloody thing corners brilliantly!
Same colour and model as mine :) welcome to the bravo board.

You say it's the 1.4? Is it the T-jet or standard 1.4?

It's just the vanilla 16V 1.4. I was looking at T-Jets but Bravo Dynamicss are few and far between up here in Central Scotland for some reason, so I ended up settling for a non-T-Jet that was a more recent plate and lower mileage (a lot around my budget were 07 plates with about 60-80K, this one has 41K on it).

It's just the vanilla 16V 1.4. I was looking at T-Jets but Bravo Dynamicss are few and far between up here in Central Scotland for some reason, so I ended up settling for a non-T-Jet that was a more recent plate and lower mileage (a lot around my budget were 07 plates with about 60-80K, this one has 41K on it).

Glad to see another scot , welcome

Yeh I wanted a t-jet dynamic. I wanted a 150 but had to settle for 120 as they're rare here as well. How much did you pay may I ask? When I bought mine 8 months ago it had 58K and was a 57 plate, cost me £3,700

Yeh I wanted a t-jet dynamic. I wanted a 150 but had to settle for 120 as they're rare here as well.

Knowing my luck, a ton of them will show up on autotrader tomorrow :) In the end, I know I'll get slightly better fuel mileage since that red badge on the grill won't be tempting me to just whore it around the place!

How much did you pay may I ask? When I bought mine 8 months ago it had 58K and was a 57 plate, cost me £3,700

£4488. Ended up paying the sticker price (well, minus 2 quid) since I accidentally failed to mention to the dealer that my Grande Punto got keyed a few weeks ago when he offered me a part-ex price over the phone.:rolleyes:

Annoyingly, an identical one with 1K less on the clock has shown up for 500 quid less down in Arnold Clark in Kilmarnock! D'oh!

Glad to see another scot , welcome

Hehe, there are a few of us here it seems, always good! I've been lurking for quite some time in the Bravo forum since it's been such a brilliant place to find out stuff to look for when buying, grabbing the right manuals for the car, B&M, etc. Cheers everyone, keep up the good work!

Knowing my luck, a ton of them will show up on autotrader tomorrow :) In the end, I know I'll get slightly better fuel mileage since that red badge on the grill won't be tempting me to just whore it around the place!

£4488. Ended up paying the sticker price (well, minus 2 quid) since I accidentally failed to mention to the dealer that my Grande Punto got keyed a few weeks ago when he offered me a part-ex price over the phone.:rolleyes:

Annoyingly, an identical one with 1K less on the clock has shown up for 500 quid less down in Arnold Clark in Kilmarnock! D'oh!

Buyin a car is like buying a TV you get it think awsome deal next week same TV quarter off the price or on sale.it's life dude but your bravo will look after you welcome to the ELITE

Yeh I wanted a t-jet dynamic. I wanted a 150 but had to settle for 120 as they're rare here as well. How much did you pay may I ask? When I bought mine 8 months ago it had 58K and was a 57 plate, cost me £3,700

Jeeez Matt! I paid £3500 .. 1.4 Dynamic T-Jet 150, 08 plate, and only has 48k!

Got my Blue&Me iPhone adapter yesterday (£62 off partsworld-uk on eBay, expensive, but was a brand spanking new adapter), can report it works peachy with my iPhone 5s. Shame about the autoplay as soon as you connect it, but I can live with that since I can just mash the source button on the stereo to shush it, and awesomely all audio seems to get routed through no problem: iPod, Spotify, TuneIn, Maps, TomTom, etc. Still finding the B&M menus clunky as anything to navigate the phone's onboard iPod music, but I can ask Siri to play something instead ;)

I tried directly connecting my iPod classic, had to reformat it from Mac format to Windows format for it to work at all. Don't think B&M liked trying to parse through 130 gigs of music, so eventually it just gave up and listed only a few tracks from each album it found!

I work from home, so I don't normally have a mega-commute to do every day. I've been finding random reasons to go drive the car (oh no, I've run out of cigs ... oh no, I've run out of milk ... oh no, I've run out of ... err ... the things, you know, the things with the stuff, yeah) and my MPGs are suffering because of all the short urban driving!

As an excuse to give the car a proper drive, and to give the cruise control a real test, I decided to do an 80 mile round trip to the Krispy Kreme on the west-side of Edinburgh on Friday evening to get some donuts. One of the best drives I've had in ages. Beautiful weather, hardly any traffic, a smashing drive. Totally in love with this car now!

Oh, and I've installed the most critical accessory of all: MAGIC TREE! :)

Attachments

• car-freshner.jpg
    car-freshner.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Back