Technical X250 wiring

Currently reading:
Technical X250 wiring

FiatPete2

I have a motorhome based on a 2013 model Ducato, I've got various wiring diagrams and they all show a different fuse box to mine and the coach builders socket has different wire colours. This is even compared to the X250 eLearn.
I specifically need to find the speed signal to connect to a new multimedia unit I've purchased with satnav built-in (as well as reversing and handbrake wires).
As it's 2013, it should be a late model X250 (and certainly doesn't have features that I beleive were introduced with the X290 - HDC and user controllable speed limiting).
Is there a completely different variant of X250 (and I'm looking at earlier model variants)? Looking at the owners manual that I downloaded, the fuse box for that matches the one fitted (and the file includes 250 in the name) - image below
It would be really helpful if someone could point me to wiring diagrams and details of the coach builders socket for a 2013 MY vehicle.
1699030804219.png

I have a motorhome based on a 2013 model Ducato, I've got various wiring diagrams and they all show a different fuse box to mine and the coach builders socket has different wire colours. This is even compared to the X250 eLearn.
I specifically need to find the speed signal to connect to a new multimedia unit I've purchased with satnav built-in (as well as reversing and handbrake wires).
As it's 2013, it should be a late model X250 (and certainly doesn't have features that I beleive were introduced with the X290 - HDC and user controllable speed limiting).
Is there a completely different variant of X250 (and I'm looking at earlier model variants)? Looking at the owners manual that I downloaded, the fuse box for that matches the one fitted (and the file includes 250 in the name) - image below
It would be really helpful if someone could point me to wiring diagrams and details of the coach builders socket for a 2013 MY vehicle.
View attachment 432939
@FiatPete2 , I cannot help, but I think that the same fusebox appears in
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/b...hts-not-working-fiat-ducato-2014-x250.504394/

Thanks. What I have established is that my X250 is after a facelift, apparently 2011. I have looked at a couple of other owners manuals and an early (2006 I think) had a different fusebox (and that corresponds to all the X250 wiring info that I have downloaded) and that an early X290 owners manual shows the same fusebox as my X250.
So, does anyone know where I can download an early X290 wiring diagram as it seems more like mine (for instance searching for X290 reverse wiring has led me straight to the solution after an hour of searching)? There doesn't seem to be anything in the downloads section.
All I need to find now is a convenient source for the handbrake wire (and ideally from under the dash and not the handbrake itself).

From the last response I assume you've located the Speed/Reverse connections?

The handbrake wire is generally simply a "safety" device designed to stop you watching video unless the vehicle is stationary and the brake applied. If you have no intention of flouting this, then the simplest solution is to take this connection the the nearest permanent ground.

From the last response I assume you've located the Speed/Reverse connections?

The handbrake wire is generally simply a "safety" device designed to stop you watching video unless the vehicle is stationary and the brake applied. If you have no intention of flouting this, then the simplest solution is to take this connection the the nearest permanent ground.
Yes, all wires are now sorted, but for the longer term I would like to have a wiring diagram that more accurately reflects my vehicle.

Hello Pete,
Did you manage to get any wiring Dia? I have a 2013 with the same Fbox as yours... Trying to locate signal trigger wires for a cam system.

Cheers Paul

No I didn't. There were some for sale on Ebay that seemed to claim that they would cover of meeded. Some of the info I wanted I did find a Fiat Converters manual, but I go lucky that the signals I needed were part of that. It's intended for people converter the base chassis, e.g. motorhomes.

Back