www.theloudest.com **** looks too good to be true?

Currently reading:
www.theloudest.com **** looks too good to be true?

stiloistic

im about to spend alot of money on 2 4000 watt subs from this company and a 8000 watt amp to power the 2 has anyone dealt with them before if not check it out...

if you can see anything ive missed warn me before i part with my money also i was thionkin about rather than buying one 8000 watt amp

would there be any perks to buying 2 3000 watt amps to power each sub although i wouldnt be usin the full potential of the subs?

Last edited:
Don't bother. Plain and simple :) Anyone who claims their 6x9s are 2kW should be treated with caution......................;)

Oh, BTW, they are 1.5kWRMS. Peak/max wattages mean absolutely nothing :)

Give us a budget and what you're after music wise, if you're after SQ (sound quality) or SPL (i.e. loudness), and we'll be able to recommend you something that will be a lot better for you (y)

stiloistic said:
ps im quite new to this so any advice will be taken gladly

That's what the forum's here for :)

chaos said:
Don't bother. Plain and simple :) Anyone who claims their 6x9s are 2kW should be treated with caution......................;)

Give us a budget and what you're after music wise, if you're after SQ (sound quality) or SPL (i.e. loudness), and we'll be able to recommend you something that will be a lot better for you (y)

i want subs lthat i can mount inside out (i dont know the correct term)

2 subs 240 pounds max

2 amps 260 pounds max

chaos said:

im looking for bass and sound quality but i need some real deep grimy bass

stiloistic said:
i want subs lthat i can mount inside out (i dont know the correct term)

2 subs 240 pounds max

2 amps 260 pounds max

Tell me what you want - SQ or SPL. Personally I would go for 1 sub and a suitable amp - it means you can buy 1 good sub over 2 relatively poor sub. Do you mind going second hand at all? I would also recommend you making sure your front end/HU has a similar budget, otherwise the system would be unbalanced. Sound proofing would also be a good idea (y)

stiloistic said:
im looking for bass and sound quality but i need some real deep grimy bass

OK, I'm gonna assume you've taken my recommendation of one sub and one amp on board, so you have a budget of £1K for an amp and sub. Oh, another thing - how much space are you willing to dedicate for an enclosure?

chaos said:
Tell me what you want - SQ or SPL. Personally I would go for 1 sub and a suitable amp - it means you can buy 1 good sub over 2 relatively poor sub. Do you mind going second hand at all? I would also recommend you making sure your front end/HU has a similar budget, otherwise the system would be unbalanced. Sound proofing would also be a good idea (y)
i bought the new kenwood touchscreen dvd hu

chaos said:
OK, I'm gonna assume you've taken my recommendation of one sub and one amp on board, so you have a budget of £1K for an amp and sub. Oh, another thing - how much space are you willing to dedicate for an enclosure?
a quarter on the left hand side

and i was going for 2 subs mainly for the look one left one right would look so mutch better and if i gotta spend more ill juss haf2 wait a month or 2 before i purchase i and the headunit is the kvt-627 dvd unit

chaos said:
What about the speakers?
xs.php

ive just bought these with this amp i was just about to buy the subs also

chaos said:
How big is this approximately?
im building the sub box myself so if youre able to give measurements i shall incorperate into my plan

stiloistic said:
xs.php

ive just bought these with this amp i was just about to buy the subs also

Aaaarrgghhh.....................forget the 6x9s. Forget the amp. You can do so, so, so much better with the budget you got. In fact, you wouldn't even notice the 6x9s in an SPL system (which I think is what you want)...........

Right, let's take a step back. IMO, what you need is as follows.....

HU (which you've got)
Decent component speakers up front, amped
1 sub with amp. As you seem to want SPL, this would need to be in a ported enclosure, which needs a fair bit of room..................
Soundproofing in the doors and boot.

stiloistic said:
im building the sub box myself so if youre able to give measurements i shall incorperate into my plan

If you follow my advice, you're gonna have to be a bit of research and a bit of maths, as building a ported enclosure (which is the best for SPL) takes a bit more time and effort than a sealed enclosure. If you don't feel that you'd be up to calculating the tuning frequency and port dimensions required to get that tuning given frequency, then you may be better off building a sealed enclosure first off, then building a ported one when you get a bit more confident (y) It will still sound good, but it won't be as low or loud as if it was in a ported enclosure :)

chaos said:
If you follow my advice, you're gonna have to be a bit of research and a bit of maths, as building a ported enclosure (which is the best for SPL) takes a bit more time and effort than a sealed enclosure. If you don't feel that you'd be up to calculating the tuning frequency and port dimensions required to get that tuning given frequency, then you may be better off building a sealed enclosure first off, then building a ported one when you get a bit more confident (y) It will still sound good, but it won't be as low or loud as if it was in a ported enclosure :)
right thanks for your help im going to look into it now you got any instant messenger programs i could get hold of you on?

I put that amp and those 6x9s in babzs car and cant fault them. the sound quality is superb. far better than anything ive used before (JBL, Pioneer to name a few).

All of the louded.com products ive used have been superb quality too. The wiring kit was far better built than I expected. The amps are of decent quality and look gorgeous too imo. Ive also bought a set of the 4" components too. again, superb quality equipment and look gorgeous too. the sound lacks base but then again, would you really expect it from a set of 4"ers?

I cant claim that they have the power they say they do but trust me, the 6x9s with the amp they recommend is stupidly loud without a hint of distortion. They also give out a suprising ammount of base! you would think babz has a sub, which she doesnt, the "1000W 6x9s" with the recommended loudest.com amp.

I cant fault them. Go for it (y)

Bushboy said:
I put that amp and those 6x9s in babzs car and cant fault them. the sound quality is superb. far better than anything ive used before (JBL, Pioneer to name a few).

All of the louded.com products ive used have been superb quality too. The wiring kit was far better built than I expected. The amps are of decent quality and look gorgeous too imo. Ive also bought a set of the 4" components too. again, superb quality equipment and look gorgeous too. the sound lacks base but then again, would you really expect it from a set of 4"ers?

I cant claim that they have the power they say they do but trust me, the 6x9s with the amp they recommend is stupidly loud without a hint of distortion. They also give out a suprising ammount of base! you would think babz has a sub, which she doesnt, the "1000W 6x9s" with the recommended loudest.com amp.

I cant fault them. Go for it (y)
i may buy the a sub from them soon to finish my system

Back