General Write off ?

Currently reading:
General Write off ?

Tabblink182

Civic type-r Driver
I had a little smack up in my cinq this morning...

some idiot on a motorcyle decided to undertake (filtering between two lanes) an ambulance on blue's and two's behind me in the outside lane, as i moved across to the left hand lane to let the ambulance by, the motorcyle which must have been going 40-50mph (bearing in mind i was doing about 10mph) hit me right up the backside :(

must have been going some speed to actually bend the rear pillar on the car and to make a hole in it :/

unboutably his fault as there was another motorcycleist witness who was on my side, the ambulance driver who stopped to help the motorcycleist that hit me on my side as well as the police, they actually asked me if i have any strong feelings against them i they were to prosacute him for dangerous driving, i said no :D

anyway what i really wanted to ask was would it be a write off ?, and if it is, how much is market value for a sporting these days ?

cheers, tom

see pics :

SS850305.jpg

SS850306.jpg

SS850308.jpg

SS850309.jpg

SS850310.jpg

SS850311.jpg

thought so, if it were to go to a fiat garage, your talking new boot, bumper, and the rear quater cut out and re welded in plus paint....

=[

how much do u get for a cinq thease days ?

Yeah exactly, any damage to anything that can't be unbolted pretty much writes a Cinq off, which sucks. As for how much you'll get, I don't know, think it's market value, which, for a P plate has gotta be 500 maybe.:(

Can pick up nice Sportings for £500 or so.

However I recently found out that due to my car being 'heavily modified' my broker considered the write-off value of my Cinq to be about £3000. The reason is that some consideration for bring a stock car up to it's specification needs to be given when writing the car off. So if you've got an engine conversion and/or a long list of mods have a word with your broker.

Can pick up nice Sportings for £500 or so.

However I recently found out that due to my car being 'heavily modified' my broker considered the write-off value of my Cinq to be about £3000. The reason is that some consideration for bring a stock car up to it's specification needs to be given when writing the car off. So if you've got an engine conversion and/or a long list of mods have a word with your broker.

standard mate =]

That's if they offer you £500

i think they will, any one written off a cinq lately ?

dunno if thats a write off thats all easily repaired..... problem is with cinqs being so cheap they may write it off if they do buy it back shouldnt cost more than 300 max to put it right tbh

If the biker was doing 40-50mph and you were doing around 10mph, then the impact speed would have been between 30-40mph. I would have expected a LOT more damage to the Cinq than that.

However, the biker was obviously at fault so hope you manage to get the Cinq sorted one way or another (y)

(ive just read this)well on the sheet my est. speed was 20 and the bikers est speed was 40 so....

but i think the biker sort of richoshayed of the car, not so much a straigh impact, the only thing that hit my car was the handlebar.

and he and the bike just sort of went off to the side...

(ive just read this)well on the sheet my est. speed was 20 and the bikers est speed was 40 so....

but i think the biker sort of richoshayed of the car, not so much a straigh impact, the only thing that hit my car was the handlebar.

and he and the bike just sort of went off to the side...

I think the Cinq came off quite well considering! The worst damage is to the 'C' pillar and that's what will probably write the car off :(

If the bikers handlbars hit the n/s rear corner of the car like that he must have broken his fingers at the very least, more likely broke a wrist or arm as well...

my dads sei got rolled over by vandals a few weeks ago and that was wrote off the paid £504 thats what they say is market value for a mint T plate sporting so get ready try and buy it back and get it repaired yourself.

Attachments

• 2007_0718Image0010.JPG
    2007_0718Image0010.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 16
  • 2007_0718Image0013.JPG
    2007_0718Image0013.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 14
Right, i just got two quotes for the repair of my car

and they are as follows :

car cosmetics..........................: £ 888
Motor colour (fiat approved).......: £1,115

ahaha