General Would you buy another?

Currently reading:
General Would you buy another?

Would you buy another current model Scudo?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

UFI

500 TwinAir Plus
I'm in the market for a new van (maybe) and only the Scudo is of interest, but reading the reliability reviews and most of the topics on this forum, is making me think twice.

So who would buy another late model Scudo? Are they really that bad?

Nope. In the last three years I've had it it's been a nightmare.

but reading the reliability reviews and most of the topics on this forum

It's a sad fact but most people use forums to seek a solution to a problem, rarely do people come to praise.

My philosophy is simple, if taxi drivers use scudos (or in my case doblos) quite often 24/7 then they must be decent as having the vehicle off road means it is not earning money.

It's a sad fact but most people use forums to seek a solution to a problem, rarely do people come to praise.

My philosophy is simple, if taxi drivers use scudos (or in my case doblos) quite often 24/7 then they must be decent as having the vehicle off road means it is not earning money.

That's probably why there taxi fares are so high so they can pay for all the repairs.:)

That's probably why there taxi fares are so high so they can pay for all the repairs.:)
I think you will find there is no taxi firm in this country that charges the rate needed to ensure a living wage for the driver in a 40 hour working week. Taxi fares are laid down by the Council Licensing authority and are controlled by what customers can afford rather than what the drivers need to earn...drivers balance this by working ridiculous hours 7 days a week.

I will never buy a scudo again . I have had mine 5 yrs and it broke down within the first week I bought it from new . Alternator was first thing to fail and I know what you're thinking its under warranty . This wasn't the case as there wasnt a dealer who could look at it for 2 wks then they would LOOK at it not repair it and as mines a taxi couldn't afford not to repair it so bought one myself and away to go . Next to fail was the dual mass flywheelat 46000 miles and same again waiting list so again had to fork out myself . These are only 2 of the early faults don't get me started on the number of EGR valves I have put on there . Its ok for the big firms who can afford to wait for repairs but I have only 2 taxis and my other one is a Ford mondeo same year and I haven't spent as much as I have on the Fiat .

Alternator was first thing to fail and I know what you're thinking its under warranty . This wasn't the case as there wasnt a dealer who could look at it for 2 wks then they would LOOK at it not repair it and as mines a taxi couldn't afford not to repair it so bought one myself and away to go . Next to fail was the dual mass flywheelat 46000 miles and same again waiting list so again had to fork out myself .

:confused:It wasn't under warranty because no one could look at it for 2 weeks, doesn't make sense?

If you can buy a new vehicle you have a chance of looking after it properly. I would have a look at the toyota proace, again it's the same van, might have a better guarantee and toyota dealers are supposed to be good. I buy vehicles, both cars and vans, with 100k plus and sort them out myself. Many vehicles get well used and not looked after, some are even neglected in respect of oil changes. Good luck

my scudo 2.0jtd 54 reg had it 5 years bought as non runner had cylinder head done on it and its been the best van I have had got 168000 on it pulls like a train

YES best van iv ever had,nearly 4 years now. 06 2.0JTD SX model,metallic dark blue,power and torque excellent,69000 miles,replaced cambelt,when purchased' not needed but done anyway' and reg oil changes ,even though not needed,but done .. k&n air filter fitted ,.' slight seep from sump fixed,alloys were a bit of a nightmare,PCD and offset stuff but sorted now,upgraded sound system,under seat sub woofer,EXCELLENT VAN,but dont know anything about the newer model.

i think if you are going to buy one of these vans,i would totally tell you to make sure you get the 2.0 engine lower the mileage the better.
BTW mines a cat C... fully repaired before i purchased,,SPOT ON ..GET ONE
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ....PS..people here are here to sort out there probs with issues,if you treat your scudo well it will serve you well,:):D:):D:eek:

Last edited:
No not ever i drive a tw200 taxi.my auto electrician has earned a fortune off me,not bad cabs but no dood for high milage as wireing looms corrode and break.mine starts when it feels like it or sometimes straight away intermitent,dealers charged over £100 to tell me they carnt read fauls in ecu.my elctrician say wait itll it stops running,getting rid,i have has 3.its my last..;-)

No not ever i drive a tw200 taxi.my auto electrician has earned a fortune off me,not bad cabs but no dood for high milage as wireing looms corrode and break.mine starts when it feels like it or sometimes straight away intermitent,dealers charged over £100 to tell me they carnt read fauls in ecu.my elctrician say wait itll it stops running,getting rid,i have has 3.its my last..;-)
i know what your saying re the cables/wires ...im finding it difficult to make one of my sidelights work.. whitch on my van they seem to be un- insulated.. like you can see the coluors of the cables.. imo i think they should be sheilded with some protective tape of some sort.. for a taxi type i would imagine that they are running all day resulting in a heat build up.. under the bonnet...i know this is a years old post but new buyers beware... im currently have a 2.0 jtd 06 model around 95000 and its spot on...highly recommended if you keep on top of it.. i have had mine since winter 2010 oct and its bang on and i love it...i dont know weather i love my wife more than my van...:unsure:

Back