would u

would u pass your test if you took it again

• yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

punto stef

if you took your test again do u think u would pass i wouldnt i got so much road rage

no, not a chance. i learnt to drive after i passed my test, all the stuff before was just learning how to pass a test. Like school, teaches you how to pass exams - not how to get by in life.

Id breeze through it the experience of being on your own on the road helps, you learn to look and be aware and looking around becomes second nature.

Not like on test day when you had to make sure the examiner noticed you were looking around, through mirrors etc

Id breeze through it the experience of being on your own on the road helps, you learn to look and be aware and looking around becomes second nature.

Not like on test day when you had to make sure the examiner noticed you were looking around, through mirrors etc

contradicting statements there.

if i was to drive like i normally do then no, id deff fail... no questions

but i can put myself back into the 'passing your driving test' frame of mind quite easily, do it alot to help my dad with his adi assesments etc (hes driving instructor with lots of other driver improvement schemes)

btw... waaay ot, but damn nice avatar!!! :yum: (y)

I very much doubt I would pass - I am a better driver obviously than when i passed
more confident etc, but I have habits that a examiner probably wouldnt approve of :p

you have no idea how true that is, and its the simple things you dont even think of

2 examples of this that i get each time i help my dad with his assesment drives are firstly, handbreak being used each time you come to a stop... i either hold it on the clutch or foot break, and secondly gear selection. worst one for this is something like round abouts that you had to stop at before entering, you are not supposed to change gear while going around them, so if your in first your supposed to stay in first, god thats hard to get to grips with again!

you have no idea how true that is, and its the simple things you dont even think of

2 examples of this that i get each time i help my dad with his assesment drives are firstly, handbreak being used each time you come to a stop... i either hold it on the clutch or foot break, and secondly gear selection. worst one for this is something like round abouts that you had to stop at before entering, you are not supposed to change gear while going around them, so if your in first your supposed to stay in first, god thats hard to get to grips with again!

Good job you dont do your test in a mk1 punto then:p 1st gear round a roundabout would make extreme amounts of noise:slayer:

Good job you dont do your test in a mk1 punto then:p 1st gear round a roundabout would make extreme amounts of noise:slayer:

thats what gearbox i hae on my bravo... and first in a mitsubishi ccolt isnt a huge amount better... apparently you 'have' to be slow... err nooo, boot it, hammer it into second and get the front end breaking away, blip the throttle to get the arse out and jobs a goodun :devil: (y)

**** yeah,.... what was the question?

i had thought sismilar... but thought better of posting it :eek:

I doubt I would be able to pass my test again unless I took a few lessons.

I can drive but I never liked the way you HAVE to drive for your test.

I got into some bad habits while learning to drive due to driving my mum's car around which almost cost me my pass.

Andy's so right about those nasty little habits you fall into again! I managed to stop things like crossing hands over when I was doing the advanced driving. It did take a bit of thought though.

Though on the gear changing thing, when I did my test (3 1/2 years ago), you could (and I was recommended to) change gear on a roundabout as long as you weren't turning at the time - so from first to second as you left the line, then stay in second as you go round it and up to third after you've left it.

Back